PDA

View Full Version : Aux Battery location in a GU ST4500 with LPG

NossTrilGU
14th September 2012, 09:02 PM
Hey there, I just got my second Patrol on dual fuel. Always missed the first one when she went.

Just prepping her for a trip to Qld (a bit nervous as we barely know each other yet - checking everything over). Wondering if anyone has found a good location for an auxilliary battery, with so little space under the bonnet with LPG fitted?

Bob
15th September 2012, 07:54 AM
Not much room in there with Dual Fuel, Still havnt worked out how to instal one under the Bonnet.
A sealed unit in the Cargo area about the only solution

threedogs
15th September 2012, 08:23 AM
Hi Noss I've sent you a PM

NossTrilGU
15th September 2012, 09:49 AM
Thanks, have a sealed deep cycle, cable and box to put in back from old car, but not sure what a PM is (feelin stoopid).

Sir Roofy
15th September 2012, 10:50 AM
thanks, have a sealed deep cycle, cable and box to put in back from old car, but not sure what a pm is (feelin stoopid).

private message

threedogs
15th September 2012, 11:32 AM
Forget PM, back now, according to the book at TJM, the aux battery for petrol model [not sure of ABS models]
is in the right rear of engine bay in front of the passenger. No doubt this is where the convertor is fitted.
You may need to shuffle a few things around to fit the AUX tray.
remember to keep the convertor as high as poss. Have a good look first to see where things can be moved to
Other outlets would be similar I would think.

my third 256
16th September 2012, 08:46 AM
Hey there, I just got my second Patrol on dual fuel. Always missed the first one when she went.

Just prepping her for a trip to Qld (a bit nervous as we barely know each other yet - checking everything over). Wondering if anyone has found a good location for an auxilliary battery, with so little space under the bonnet with LPG fitted?
get a picture of under bonet and then we can advise on what to do

2TROLLFAM
22nd September 2012, 01:34 PM
I've been alittle slack in welcoming new members cuz I'm usually on my phone & it's a pain but "Better Late than Never"

WELCOME Aboard - you'll find these guys & gals to be full of Useful, Entertaining and sometimes Disturbing information LMAO .. Hope you enjoy the forum as much as we all do !!