PDA

View Full Version : Rego Rip Off

BillsGU
14th September 2012, 01:36 PM
I am in the process of changing my caravan rego from NSW to VIC. NSW want $430 to register the caravan while in VIC it is $45. How on earth does that work!? :icon_bonk::icon_bonk::icon_bonk:

AB
14th September 2012, 01:42 PM
Stay on this side of river mate...LMAO

patch697
14th September 2012, 01:43 PM
I am in the process of changing my caravan rego from NSW to VIC. NSW want $430 to register the caravan while in VIC it is $45. How on earth does that work!? :icon_bonk::icon_bonk::icon_bonk:

I have no idea but car rego in fact all rego's across the board are cheaper in Vic then NSW & you don't need to get you own green slip either. Its all covered in Vic's rego fees.

BillsGU
14th September 2012, 01:49 PM
Stay on this side of river mate...LMAO

Amazing what difference a crack in the ground makes! The joys of living on a border in this (sometimes) crazy country. A while back the chamber of commerce did a review and found 1800 border anomalies. Bit hard when you are in business and need double licenses for eveything. Also, some of the road laws are different either side of the border (especially for L and P plate drivers). About time the government got their shyte together.

sam697
14th September 2012, 03:01 PM

Just registered my car in Vic. Half the price of NSW and no green slip to chase, no pink slip either. Car is 07 XR6. Not sure if/when I will need to get roadworthy for it. Loving it as I was expecting to pay $700 + and it was no where near it :)

BillsGU
14th September 2012, 03:14 PM
no green slip to chase, no pink slip either.

Too right. And its not as if cars on VIC roads are in any worse condition than cars in NSW. Ive just come back from a couple of weeks in Sydney and I'd like to see a true mechanical report on some of the bombs running around up there.

macca
14th September 2012, 03:21 PM
Too right. And its not as if cars on VIC roads are in any worse condition than cars in NSW. Ive just come back from a couple of weeks in Sydney and I'd like to see a true mechanical report on some of the bombs running around up there.

I'd like to see if they were actually registered...............

Bloodyaussie
14th September 2012, 03:33 PM
We were in Sydney for 3 years and we kept our Vic licence and rego all that time.

sam697
14th September 2012, 03:36 PM

So would I and I lived there most of my life. There are some shockers on the road up there

BillsGU
14th September 2012, 05:00 PM
We were in Sydney for 3 years and we kept our Vic licence and rego all that time.

May be the case Oz. Problem is you may be able to fool the RTA (or whatever they are called this week) and sometimes the lads in blue (what you are doing is not legal in most cases) - but if something goes wrong its the insurance companies that will wipe you like a snotty nose.

BillsGU
14th September 2012, 05:02 PM

Good point macca. Apparently a high percentage of drivers are not licensed and their cars are not registered.

NissanGQ4.2
14th September 2012, 08:39 PM

We don't really need rego here in Sydney, we don't worry about things like that when we steal the cars *LMAO*

sam697
14th September 2012, 09:24 PM
We don't really need rego here in Sydney, we don't worry about things like that when we steal the cars *LMAO*

LMAO how true !!!