PDA

View Full Version : New Member

dazzab3
12th September 2012, 10:50 PM
Hi everyone, I just signed up for this forum.

I've been a MQ or is it a MK? Patrol owner for some time now, but thought I would share some stories and maybe get some advice.

Anyways, my ride is a 1987 MQ LWB SD33T 5 speed deluxe wagon with 31" 11.5 sunraiser wheels, steel bull bar, hayman reese towbar 4500kg rated, chrome side steps, full length roof rack, 2" spring lift, dual tanks, air suspension seats, body and interior stock standard and actually in really good condition.

The truck has been round Australia several times, just not with me at the wheel (bought it off the old man), but I have done a lot with it too. Its done some pretty heavy work and at 440,000k is still all original engine and drive train. Its a bit rattly, but just cant break it.

Cheers,
Dazza

Dhuck
12th September 2012, 10:54 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Bigrig
12th September 2012, 11:03 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

MEGOMONSTER
13th September 2012, 05:56 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

growler2058
13th September 2012, 06:17 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Tap tap drip drip

threedogs
13th September 2012, 06:42 AM
Welcome Dazz, great bunch of people here and plenty of info as well, Enjoy

AB
13th September 2012, 06:56 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions!

my third 256
13th September 2012, 07:24 AM
hi and welcom to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen
ps another adeladian growler 2058 will be happy

taslucas
13th September 2012, 07:45 AM
Gday Dazza, Welcome aboard mate. They are a great thing those MQs, youll have a hard time breaking it!

dazzab3
13th September 2012, 09:58 AM
Thanks everyone for the great welcome.

now that the troll is of age (classic car over 25 years old), not sure if i should keep original and refurbish as original or feed it some steroids eg more lift, 3" exhaust, fully deck out interior etc.

Any suggestions?

Dazza

Bob
13th September 2012, 10:28 AM
Welcome Mate. Join in and enjoy

2TROLLFAM
22nd September 2012, 01:49 PM
I've been alittle slack in welcoming new members cuz I'm usually on my phone & it's a pain but "Better Late than Never"

WELCOME Aboard - you'll find these guys & gals to be full of Useful, Entertaining and sometimes Disturbing information LMAO .. Hope you enjoy the forum as much as we all do !!