PDA

View Full Version : For the love of mavericks

Mobzy
12th September 2012, 09:46 PM
Hi Folks, had a Maverick for 12 years , had a Motson water cooled turbo fitted, 2 peddlers lift and all the good bits which made it an excellent vehicle off road. At 285 k I thought it torywas time to upgrade, bought a 100series cruiser, whilst its been a good reliable car, is not near as good off road. I got in touch with the elderly couple whom I had sold my Maverick to and asked if I could buy it back, they towed a large caravan around Aust and are in love with the old girl and intend keeping it for a trip to the cape. after looking for a couple of years for a standard low km truck with no luck a friend asked to give him a hand doing some fencing at a property he had just bought. low and behold there's a maverick sitting In one of the old sheds on the place. after we worked out who really owned it I bought it for $3000. has 273ks and is in excellent original condition, has not been running for a few years, a new battery on the 4th attemp she started and drove it home. Needs a cog for the drivers window, new windscreen, and will overhaul the brakes, not much left on the clutch. Whilst driving it home found a serious shudder in the front end. have polished up the red paint and given it a detail she has come up real neat. Will try
And post some photos once I work out how to get them off the,phone of how I found it and what looks like after a bath.

taslucas
12th September 2012, 09:50 PM
Gday Mobzy, Welcome aboard mate. That is a great story:) I wish you luck with your new love!

AB
12th September 2012, 09:59 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, sounds like a ripper deal!

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

growler2058
12th September 2012, 10:03 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Tap tap drip drip

MEGOMONSTER
12th September 2012, 10:32 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
And where did you get the "peddlers" from.

Dhuck
12th September 2012, 10:34 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Bigrig
12th September 2012, 10:37 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

healy
12th September 2012, 10:52 PM
Welcome to the forum mate nice little story about your new rig

mrflibbles
12th September 2012, 10:53 PM
great story, amazing what you find laying about on farms! welcome to the forums mate!

MudRunnerTD
12th September 2012, 11:34 PM
Love the Barn Find!!

Welcome here mate can't wait to see the pics

Maxhead
15th September 2012, 03:51 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate

........... On the move

my third 256
16th September 2012, 08:26 AM
hi and welcom to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

2TROLLFAM
22nd September 2012, 01:35 PM
I've been alittle slack in welcoming new members cuz I'm usually on my phone & it's a pain but "Better Late than Never"

WELCOME Aboard - you'll find these guys & gals to be full of Useful, Entertaining and sometimes Disturbing information LMAO .. Hope you enjoy the forum as much as we all do !!