PDA

View Full Version : 7 pin on off on switch

Cbates
12th September 2012, 08:53 PM
Hey guys,
Bought an on/off/on rocker switch for my rear work light at the 4wd show. Was super stoked to get it and i thought it would be a breeze to wire it... little did i know it had 7 pins on the back.
Anyone have any idea how to wire to reverse/off/on with this switch. also has an led if that helps
Cheers

Rear looks like this:
_ _ _ _
_ _ _

megatexture
12th September 2012, 09:31 PM
if you have a multimeter you can easily find out by switching it to test for continuity and place it on two pins at a time and you will soon see what pin will do what, I’ve attached a pic so you can see what to switch it to if your not sure

Cbates
12th September 2012, 09:33 PM
thanks mate! ill try that out!

megatexture
12th September 2012, 09:37 PM
shouldnt take you long mate depending on your multi you can set them to beep so you dont have to keep looking at it.

happygu
12th September 2012, 09:43 PM
Not all switches are alike......It is going to be something like

N/O COM N/C 0Volt
N/O COM N/C

Whose switch is it? Is it a Custom Rockers Switch?

Mic

Cbates
12th September 2012, 09:48 PM
it was from prestige off road

Cbates
12th September 2012, 09:53 PM
i think i traced the diagram to this site.
http://www.4x4offroadclinic.com.au/downloads/835597/2lightrevers.pdf

happygu
12th September 2012, 11:34 PM
This looks right....ooh I was so close...

Mic

megatexture
13th September 2012, 12:41 AM
nice one, but also have a play with the multi's continuity function can be a handy tool.

Cbates
14th September 2012, 07:59 AM
Yea exactly. Gonna do that when I have some more time ad wrote up the wiring with the relay if needed?
Thanks for the help guys!

Cbates
4th October 2012, 10:17 AM
Hi Guys, Ive drawn up what i think is right to wire it with a relay. Is a relay needed? and is this right?

teno45
4th October 2012, 10:44 AM
Depends on the lights you're using and the run of wire to power them if you need a relay.

I don't think you've wired the switch correctly either.

2 should be connected to the coil of the relay / light positive. 1 should be connected to 12v positive. 3 to a positive from the reverse lights. 7 as you have it but also to battery negative.

Depending on how you wish to have your lights indicate depends on how you wire them. I have 2 connected to 6 and dash lights connected to 4.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

megatexture
4th October 2012, 06:13 PM
30 is usualy the live feed from the battery to relay 87 would go to the lights i found this diagram and modified it if anyone can check it as im prity tired atm :P just finish it off with the switch you have and your done

teno45
4th October 2012, 09:06 PM
First picture shows how it should be set up, using the pin numbers for the switch from the link you posted previously. The top light will illuminate when switched to the top. the bottom light will illuminate when switched to the bottom.

The second switch is how I have my switches set up (for reverse lights, reverse camera and accessories). The bottom light will come on with dash/parking lights. The top light will come on when switch is turn on, and system active. ie: when selected to manually on, or when selected to reverse and car is in reverse gear with ignition on.

The only difference between the two is the wiring on pins 1,2 and 3.

http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/teno45/reverselightsnormal2.jpg
http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/teno45/reverselightsmine.jpg

Cbates
20th November 2012, 08:48 AM
22731 Got them all wired up to reverse and on! Thanks heaps for your help guys!