PDA

View Full Version : G'day guys and gals

macca
31st October 2010, 03:59 PM
Looking for a 06 CC with a telstra back for a bit of touring.

Hope to get something in the next couple of weeks.

Owned a dual cab TD Hilux for 5 years and done a few trips, dont like IFS so a Patrol is nice and solid.

Be a bit better in the bush around here as well.

Any tips on what to look for would be appreciated, hope to get some tips here on how to get the best out of the "new" truck.

Macca

Woof
31st October 2010, 07:38 PM
Welcome Macca, good luck on your search mate, enjoy the forum in the mean time

AB
31st October 2010, 07:41 PM
Welcome to the forum Macca, post up what your after in the wanted section mate you never know.

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

wildgu6
31st October 2010, 08:14 PM
Hey Macca, Welcome to forum buddy.

Heaps of handy information.
Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge and plenty of good advice.
And a few laughs along the way as well.
You should pick up plenty of tips around here.

Good luck, Enjoy the ride

Cheers Pete

Maxhead
31st October 2010, 10:39 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Finly Owner
31st October 2010, 11:36 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Macca. Hope you get what you're lookin' for.

Tim

DX grunt
1st November 2010, 12:02 AM
G'day Macca.

Welcome to the forum. I think I'm the only one on here with an ex Telstra truck. Mine's an 05 TDi.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?139-DX-grunt...-in-the-flesh

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

macca
1st November 2010, 07:20 AM
Thank you for the welcolme, looking forward to getting started on my new project and will be looking at the mods done here to get the best from the patrol.

Just read your topic DX, you keep trailblazing mate I'll catch up when I can haha. Your a bit far away to pop over and have a look.

Going to have a look at a couple of Patrols on Thursday, Hope to find what I want....

Macca

DX grunt
1st November 2010, 09:43 AM
Thank you for the welcolme, looking forward to getting started on my new project and will be looking at the mods done here to get the best from the patrol.

Just read your topic DX, you keep trailblazing mate I'll catch up when I can haha. Your a bit far away to pop over and have a look.

Going to have a look at a couple of Patrols on Thursday, Hope to find what I want....

Macca

No worries. We're having a Forum get-together in 2012, somewhere in oz, and you're welcome to attend. We're still deciding where.

Ross

patch697
1st November 2010, 11:33 AM
Welcome on board mate & I hope you enjoy the forum.

macca
6th November 2010, 07:24 AM
As posted elsewhere I have bought a CC and a work body this week. I'm now a Patrol owning member Haha, still have to sell my Lux though ..... Bugger.

We do a winter trip each year, be interesting to meet up at a get togeather.

Havn't retired yet so its frustrating to only have a few weeks off to go exploring, just practicing is what I keep telling myself.

We had a beauty this year, 6 weeks. North Flinders, Anne Beadell, Kimberleys, Tanimi and Plenty were the more interesting roads/tracks.

Bit worried there will be sealed roads and caravan parks every where ......... amazing number of caravans on the road around Longreach earlier this year.

Macca

DX grunt
6th November 2010, 09:18 AM
Congrats on your acquisition. You've been where I dream to go!! lol

Hopefully I'll get there before my retirement too.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt