PDA

View Full Version : my gq got broken into through rear sliding windows

41ook_patrol
11th September 2012, 08:07 PM
hey ppl my gq got broken into they broke the lock on the rear sliding window, luckly they must have been a fat bastard and couldnt fit through so nothing was stolen. but now it cant lock i am getting some solid windows.
but for now i need ideas on how to block off the window or lock it somehow
plz help

growler2058
11th September 2012, 08:09 PM
?$&@#

Tap tap drip drip

taslucas
11th September 2012, 08:12 PM
B@stards. Can you put a stick there to stop it sliding open? like on a house sliding window

EDIT: no you cant! the sliding one is on the outside. sorry about that, a bit of a brain fade!

41ook_patrol
11th September 2012, 08:15 PM
thought of that but when i looked at it i realised that they slide on the outside not inside so it would be pointless the stick would be outside the car :s

MEGOMONSTER
11th September 2012, 08:16 PM
That's shit, sorry to hear it, the bastards tried to get into mine as well.

41ook_patrol
11th September 2012, 08:19 PM
far out, low life scum, was thinking of getting some steel sheets and filling in where window is that will stop em lol

threedogs
11th September 2012, 08:19 PM
gee this world is stuffed, full of theives just for a quick fix at other peoples expense.
Put colour coded alloy checker plate ones in, look trick too. sorry no fix here other than throw a pitbull in there till fixed

NissanGQ4.2
11th September 2012, 08:20 PM
You can buy the lock from ebay:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-PATROL-GQ-FORD-MAVERICK-SLIDING-REAR-1-4-WINDOW-LOCK-ASSY-SET-2-ITEMS-/250967718347?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a6ed779cb#ht_500wt_1414

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-PATROL-GQ-FORD-MAVERICK-SLIDING-REAR-1-4-WINDOW-LOCK-ASSY-/360423935713?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53eaf0cee1#ht_500wt_1414

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-PATROL-GQ-SLIDING-REAR-1-4-WINDOW-LOCK-ASSY-/160831338381?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25724b778d#ht_783wt_1159

Must of been kids, It would only take 2 seconds to break into a GQ using plastic strapping. And only a second if they had any GQ car key.

My rear window lock has been broken for years, not worth fixing, if the bastard want in they will get in regardless

Clunk
11th September 2012, 08:30 PM
Aye me dogs chewed mine off, the buggahs....... haven't bothered replacing them yet. Been lucky so far but then again, I don't keep anything in there worth nicking. Just gonna wait unyil I get replacement windows for it.

Tap till ya can tap no more.....

41ook_patrol
11th September 2012, 08:38 PM
i dont see point in getting new locks when they will just break them again, and if it was kids they would have got through the window, im skin ny and tall and i can get in and out of one so im sure a kid would. and i dont want them to get into my car and steal sh!t if i wanted that to happen i would leave all the doors open of a night.
oh and my mate has a gq and my key does sweet f#ck all to his and his does sweet f#ck all to mine cant even turn the key to unlock door.

Winnie
11th September 2012, 08:39 PM
I'd be wary about putting that info on a public forum fellas. Never know what type of scumbags are lurking around.

AB
11th September 2012, 08:40 PM
Sorry to hear the news mate!!!

We see these posts all over the forum and Ive become super paranoid when I park my GQ in public places now as It's not my daily driver and with the fridge in the back, etc...

Just need an oversized Bull Arab living in your Patrol these days that's starving...LMAO

Bloodyaussie
11th September 2012, 08:40 PM
My windows are caged so I can leave them open without the dogs jumping out everytime I stop.

AB
11th September 2012, 08:45 PM
Actually...This is not going to sound believable but I have siliconed both of my side windows shut to stop water getting in and if you didn't have a knife on you then you would struggle to get into mine!

taslucas
11th September 2012, 08:49 PM
oh and my mate has a gq and my key does sweet f#ck all to his and his does sweet f#ck all to mine cant even turn the key to unlock door.

x2 with three of my mates.

41ook_patrol
11th September 2012, 08:51 PM
Actually...This is not going to sound believable but I have siliconed both of my side windows shut to stop water getting in and if you didn't have a knife on you and a spare 15 minutes you would struggle to get into mine!

yer i was thinking silicone or sickaflex lol for now

NissanGQ4.2
11th September 2012, 08:55 PM
I must have a special key *L* I can unlock my mates and Uncles and start them both. Still a GQ patrol is not hard to break into. If you want to deter thieves from breaking in, an alarm and stickers stating it is alarmed will be better then spending the money on solid windows or sheeting it.

Irish
11th September 2012, 09:01 PM
Dirty lowlifes, people wo break into cars are dogs. I've seen a few guys with cages on the inside of their slide windows, maybe an option?

41ook_patrol
11th September 2012, 09:01 PM
I must have a special key *L* I can unlock my mates and Uncles and start them both. Still a GQ patrol is not hard to break into. If you want to deter thieves from breaking in, an alarm and stickers stating it is alarmed will be better then spending the money on solid windows or sheeting it.

or maybe there key holes are rooted, it would work out cheaper to put in solid windows then to put an alarm system in.

41ook_patrol
11th September 2012, 09:02 PM
thanks to all the ppl who have given ideas and thought.

NissanGQ4.2
11th September 2012, 09:07 PM
or maybe there key holes are rooted, it would work out cheaper to put in solid windows then to put an alarm system in.

You are probable right, but I think I read somewhere once that here wasn't many combination made for the GQ door locks.

And yes it might work out cheaper initially but won't stop them breaking in.

Womble13
11th September 2012, 09:13 PM
if you want to keep the window for air and have security stainless steel wire mesh
bolted to the inside wall it works well.
and keeps the ferals out.

threedogs
11th September 2012, 09:23 PM
You have all missed the point,
you see the low life have a Key to all our 4x4s
it's called a brick, sad but true

Clunk
11th September 2012, 10:25 PM
I'd be wary about putting that info on a public forum fellas. Never know what type of scumbags are lurking around.

You have a good point there Winnie but my car is parked at either of 2 places, one is right out side my window at work, the second is at my house with my 2 dogs....... Any other time I'm in it driving.

No amount of security will stop a determined thief, so the way I look at it, why make it harder. They'll only do more damage........ Oh and if you can, keep as little as possible in your vehicles.

Tap till ya can tap no more.....

nissannewby
11th September 2012, 10:57 PM
Chop into a ute= no more rear sliding windows :p.

This is always $%^& hearing this I have had people steal gear from me and its not cool. POssibly just try and mount something that bolts internally for now.

Silver
12th September 2012, 12:41 AM
self tapper through the channel/track behind where the moving glass ends. From the inside :-)

Bubba
13th September 2012, 04:36 AM
if you want to keep the window for air and have security stainless steel wire mesh
bolted to the inside wall it works well.
and keeps the ferals out.

I like this idea, just not sure how you would open it as the mess whould get in the way of sliding the window open.
I will have to look into that