PDA

View Full Version : Dual batt

healy
10th September 2012, 08:22 PM
so im getting my lights and dual batt all wired up tomorrow. So im running winch and a fairly large stereo system +uhf off main batt. but ive got a light bar 2 spotties and a rear light getting wired up with my dual batt kit tomorrow im wondering do i run my lights off the main batt or wire them to the second batt as i will be running two fridges and a pie warmer on big trips away one fridge all the time but 2nd batt untill i get to camp a few times a year my question is WHATS THE BEST WAY TO HAVE IT SET UP?

threedogs
10th September 2012, 08:27 PM
Leave your start battery for just that ,starting and put what you like on the Aux Battery, If you want radio at camp hot wire to aux, or else you'll have a flat battery,
Most would wire like this, winch would go to start battery as they love CCA's

You may consider a portable battery pack, you can make one up cheap and handy as all get out at camp,
Healy best you come on my fishing trip 12th of October up the Murray, few going, getting info around a campfire PRICELESS

healy
10th September 2012, 08:39 PM
cheers threedogs ill try getting to that fishing trip but only get back from the honeymoon on the 5th