PDA

View Full Version : GU 2.8 boost controller malfunction

tails83
10th September 2012, 01:03 PM
Hi,

The boost controller (bleed valve) on my GU 2.8 had broken and was totally leaking so the actuator was not seeing any boost at all, I don't know how long it was like this for maybe a week or 2. it never over boosted, just to 12psi on hills(one long steep hill was 14psi so i backed it off a bit). even when it wasn't broken i could never get it to boost over 12psi. with it fully closed it would go to 11psi.

It blows a fair amount of black smoke but is still good on fuel(12.5l/100km). it still drove fine with plenty of power and wasn't cutting out or hesitating.

why is this. could it be the standard exhaust being so restrictive it stops exhaust flow?

thanks

nissannewby
10th September 2012, 01:44 PM
What sort of boost controller?

tails83
15th September 2012, 05:45 PM
its an ebay special. bleed valve, it came on the car but fully closed off. it had fallen to bits and the actuator wasn't seeing any boost and as the boost gauge is connected to the same line to the actuator it may not have been reading right as the pressure was lost out of the bleed valve. The boost gauge only went up to 12-14psi but who knows what it could have been going to if it wasn't reading right.

Wine_maker
19th September 2012, 03:40 PM
May be it just hang up in open position?

aaron
22nd September 2012, 09:47 PM
Mine runs 18psi rd 2.8 td not a problen with exhaust temps around 600-800 f not c drpending on work load