PDA

View Full Version : New member

zprof46
9th September 2012, 04:01 AM
Hi all,
I am Dan Hall. I live in USA--Kansas.
I am a college professor teaching Automotive Technology.
I became interested in the Nissan Patrol this summer while teaching Engine Rebuilding/Repair.
One of my students was from Saudi Arabia. I was working out some final challenges on race car.
It is a 75 Datsun 280Z. I had increased C/R to 14:1 & was having difficulty getting head gaskets to seal. He knew I was a Nissan fanatic & started telling me about a popular vehicle in Saudi Arabia.
The Nissan Patrol. He said it was a 4.8L inline 6 cylinder that was able to keep up with some of the exotic sports they have over there. He showed me a couple of U-Tube videos. I was very impressed.
Wheels started rolling upstairs. My Z Car is designed for road racing. The events we go to are Porche & BMW club drive & tune type of adventures for now. We often have Corvettes & Porches on the track at the same time. I have this personal grudge against the arrogant Corvette & BMW guys.
It is my goal to give them a humbling experience on the track with my little Z-Car & have it look very stock under the hood. I guesstimate with my recent modifications to the engine I might be outputing 280 -300 HP with comparable torque. The 4.8L is not available in the US as far as I know. I need many questions answered relative to getting one here & will it fit comfortably my Z Car.
Anyones thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks--Dan Hall

growler2058
9th September 2012, 05:56 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice
Still a bit before 05:00 here mate but hopefully someone will have some ideas for ya

Tap tap drip drip

Maxhead
9th September 2012, 06:46 AM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate

threedogs
9th September 2012, 06:49 AM
Hi and welcome, like your idea, plenty of great people on this forum, Enjoy
will be watching for any results
What about the 3.8 chev V6 with a supercharger??

Bigrig
9th September 2012, 07:40 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

AB
9th September 2012, 07:55 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, sounds a cunning project!

Feel free to ask any questions in their right category and good luck with it.

Sir Roofy
9th September 2012, 08:31 AM
Welcome aboard mate enjoy your stay

timbar
9th September 2012, 05:24 PM
G'day - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have some fun ! plenty to do and see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

Stick Around this is an Awesome site ......... You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Petit caillou
9th September 2012, 07:11 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Regards
Petit caillou.

MEGOMONSTER
9th September 2012, 10:28 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

zprof46
10th September 2012, 01:36 AM
Hi and welcome, like your idea, plenty of great people on this forum, Enjoy
will be watching for any results
What about the 3.8 chev V6 with a supercharger??

There kits available for the chevy V8, but I am stuck with the mental image of the engine saying Nissan on the valve cover.
How can I get connected to salvage yards in Australia? Is the manual transmission the Tremac T5?

zprof46
10th September 2012, 02:13 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome. I will have to brush up on my Australian. I met a guy from Australia once at the 1976 Street Rods Nationals in Oklahoma City.
He had shipped his Ford UTE so he could make a summer of going to all the Rod Runs. It looked like a 1956 Ford Crown Vic with a pickup bed. He got a lot of attention.
We spent a lot of time together. A great guy. Said he had a large farm and summer in the USA was his off season.

snewin
10th September 2012, 03:17 AM
Hi Dan, interesting project you got going on there. Getting your hands on a 4.8 shouldn't be that hard. Good luck.

If this goes ahead make sure you put lots of pics up so we can keep up.

Rob

Edit.....you could start with ebay item number 180967249922

Dunno how much time or effort you want to put into the search but.

Bob
10th September 2012, 08:45 AM
Welcome Dan Join in the conversation and enjoy the ride

Dhuck
10th September 2012, 07:20 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

my third 256
12th September 2012, 10:01 AM
hi and welcom to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

2TROLLFAM
22nd September 2012, 02:08 PM
I've been alittle slack in welcoming new members cuz I'm usually on my phone & it's a pain but "Better Late than Never"

WELCOME Aboard - you'll find these guys & gals to be full of Useful, Entertaining and sometimes Disturbing information LMAO .. Hope you enjoy the forum as much as we all do !!