PDA

View Full Version : Tb45 clutch in tb42

Irish
8th September 2012, 08:11 PM
Hey guys, in a bit of a pickle trying to get bloodyaussies clutch done, have installed the clutch and finally have the gearbox almost in plaplace. It just doesn't seem to want to locate that final inch. When we hand crank the engine it seems to turn gears.

So, I'm wondering if it is possibly the clutch?

When he bought it the sales guy recommended the tb45 clutch over the tb42 one as its supposed to be stronger.

Is this the case, are they interchangeable?

Thanks in advance,

Pete.

Bigrig
8th September 2012, 08:56 PM
I believe they are the same mate, but what you're saying if I understand correctly, is the box won't slide on the last part of the input shaft?? Is this correct??

If so, the splines on the shaft have to line up to the box, and unfortunately may take some swivelling of the box to line them up - no mean feat if you are doing this without a hoist and transmission crane. We had this same issue with Dhucks when we did his recently.

If I'm mistaken in my understanding, let us know and we'll try to assist.

Irish
8th September 2012, 11:12 PM
Hi mate,

Thanks for the reply, we've managed to sort it out in the end, absolute nightmare to do though.

Combination of tranny jack, crane, me at the back, pushing and wiggling with my feet and 'aussie swivelling and lifting at the front.

Think I'll do mine when I swap out my engine.

Looooooooooooooooong day, now I'm :trink13:

GQ TANK
9th September 2012, 11:09 PM
Jack the rear up and get someone to move the rear wheels back a bit - may get the splines lined up.