PDA

View Full Version : Leaky Snorkel GU Genine Snorkel

pjhicks3
7th September 2012, 12:09 PM
has anyone had problems with leaking Genuine Nissan Snorkels - I went through a river crossing recently, and I had a look in the airbox when I got to the other side, and there was about half a cup full of water in it. (brand new snorkel fitted at a dealer - not happy!!) Luckily I didn't get stuck in the river..

ns3474
7th September 2012, 01:44 PM
snorkels are only on most vehicle to help catch clean air ,you will need to go over all the pipe work of you snorkel to check for holes.have a good look at you air box as well you should have a drain hole in the bottom also a good place for water to come in .
cheers Neil

04OFF
7th September 2012, 01:45 PM
Ive read a few time people complaining about water coming in through the rivets that hold the Nissan badge onto the factory snorkels, so perhaps check this area first before you go chasing your tail

robbo0001
7th September 2012, 08:47 PM
If you can, take the inner wheel trim off and check the hose clamps that secure the foot of the snorkel where it passes through the pane, also the flexible hose to the airbox.
Also look for a drain hole actually in the air filter housing itself, if it's open and doesn't have a rubber one- way valve on it, fill it with silastic.
Also check the condition of the seal in the airbox lid, might be totally compressed and letting water in

megatexture
7th September 2012, 09:31 PM
also check the rubber seal inside the filter housing mine had stuffed up (due to nissan staff) and drowned my car last year so check that

pjhicks3
10th September 2012, 11:24 PM
Hi Everyone, thanks, found the drain hole in the bottom of the air box, and have filled that now, the other stuff looks pretty good. thanks