PDA

View Full Version : gq patrol shakes (new problem to most i think not)

jazza
5th September 2012, 02:24 PM
hey guys just throwing this out there to see if someone had a similar issue to try to get the problem pin pointed if possible instead of spending thousands so here goes, my steering was on the sloppy side front moving around a little so i tightned the steering box worked a treat also reduced the shake i got at around 90klms but now if im sitting on 110klms and go over a really rough patch of bitumen it gets a really violent shake, i have to slow right down to get rid of it i checked wheel bearings all good panhard rod bushes good the only real issue is the damper rubbers a little munged out but can that cause the shakes??? i thought the damper was mainly to keep the steering centered and reduce slight wobbles? any info would be great.
I KNOW 90 YR OLDS WITH LESS WOBBLES LOL
great tough cars tho:trink13:

MudRunnerTD
5th September 2012, 02:28 PM
Yep maybe your dampner could be cooked.

How much lift do you have on your car? How old is the lift? What year is your car?

nissannewby
5th September 2012, 03:18 PM
I would be more inclined to say panhard bushes or radius arm bushes. Also if you have an adjustable panhard check the lock nut is tight if it's lose it can cause a wobble.

08IGK
7th September 2012, 05:02 PM
Tie rod ends maybe

choochie
8th September 2012, 01:10 AM
Based on the info I'll say radius arm bushes.

patch697
8th September 2012, 01:22 AM
When im chasing for front end movement I get the Rig in question up on a 4 poster, grab a BIG bar & start pushing & moving things around while looking for excessive movement in components & bushes.

All because it looks the goods while its sitting on the ground, it don't mean things ain't moving around at speed.

Tank
8th September 2012, 06:27 AM
Second the big bar. Also I get my wheels rebalanced when mine starts to shacke, for me it ussually means I have lost a weight or 3 somewhere which isn't hard to do over here

08IGK
9th September 2012, 06:38 PM
Sounds like the big hammer theory when things don't quite fit. ;p .......... that works too

patroltb42
13th September 2012, 03:01 PM
mine had the death shakes at 60kph found the panard rod was loose, had to replace top bolt, fixed it for a while then found radius arm bushes were shot so i replaced them, not long after it started again but at around 90kph on rough bitumin roads and found a split shock rubber, I replaced all of the shocky rubbers and no more shakes for now.

hope this helps, it is a common thing for the gq's i own, used to get alot of guys coming in for a wheel alignment to see if that would resolve anything, in some cases it was simple as a bit of dried up mud inside the rim. if only