PDA

View Full Version : Stopping water/mud in cab

AB
4th September 2012, 09:37 PM
Seals are good on all doors including the barn doors.

Sealed up the holes on the firewall front and side grommets near doors too.

Floor ok...Any other sneaky spots that I'm missing???:icon_bonk:

nissannewby
4th September 2012, 09:41 PM
Your sills. They have drain holes in them and when they fill up the water can then enter your cab from the openings in the footwell behind the kick panels. You will notice one of these openings behind the fuse box. Water can get here from your sills and from the rear of the front guard area.

Winnie
4th September 2012, 09:42 PM
If anybody says something along the lines of, "avoid deep water/mud", ban them.

Tappa tappa

MudRunnerTD
4th September 2012, 09:59 PM
Just drive it into a really deep poooooy hole and see where the water comes in ;)

All should become clear during the above investigation

macca86
4th September 2012, 10:02 PM
Don't drive through it go fast and drive over it haha.

2TROLLFAM
4th September 2012, 10:24 PM
If anybody says something along the lines of, "avoid deep water/mud", ban them.

Tappa tappa

Seems I'll be keeping my shut SHUT then :harhar:

Winnie
4th September 2012, 10:31 PM
Your sills. They have drain holes in them and when they fill up the water can then enter your cab from the openings in the footwell behind the kick panels. You will notice one of these openings behind the fuse box. Water can get here from your sills and from the rear of the front guard area.

Is it wise to seal these holes?

Tappa tappa

nissannewby
4th September 2012, 10:54 PM
Not really. I never mentioned to seal them just that water can get in from here. You can plug them with something as long as its removable so if need be you can drain the water.

scotty83
5th September 2012, 08:26 AM
When i got mine wet, it was the doors drain holes that let me down. Water started coming in via the door trim and speakers. Didn't even think about them previously. There are some little slots in the bottom that let the water off the windows drain out. I can obviously see the issue with sealing these but you asked.

Bob
5th September 2012, 09:06 AM
Dont Drive through Mud & Water LMAO

Now ban me LOL

Irvs
5th September 2012, 09:11 AM
Yeah I've had a couple mates do a seal up and pop their windscreens out, be aware it has to vent the cabin air somewhere, preferably up high

MudRunnerTD
5th September 2012, 09:19 AM
Thats actually what i thought the rear vents in the D Pillar where for on a GQ. You know, the funny looking plastics that vent the rear corners of a GQ at Window height?

Hmmmmm? A GU does not have those? That would suck allot! did it just pop the seal or you had to get it reinstalled? or did it just start leaking?

Winnie
5th September 2012, 09:25 AM
I would have thought that the air inside the cabin would compress a little.

Tappa tappa

MudRunnerTD
5th September 2012, 09:27 AM
they must have been really slamming the doors too hey? i would have thought the door would fail to latch and stay ajar first instead of the windscreen. Damn that would suck allot!

Irvs
5th September 2012, 09:57 AM
I never saw the damage this was just campfire chatter but apparently it popped out. Not sure if he meant out onto the bonnet or cracked the bead