PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, from Richard

rtd
4th September 2012, 12:01 AM
G'day ,

This year I got rid of my old Toyota Surf and got an EFI GQ Patrol. Much happier with the off road and even on road performance of the Patrol, it's simply a superior truck! I've called it Old Greg. It's a bit rough in some spots, but it's mostly rust free.

Got it in pretty much bare bones stock guise, apart from having a large alloy radiator fitted. So far I've done a few jobs on it, including making a bull bar from an old butchered ARB bar that I got from a friend for a carton, and also fitting a snorkel and 2 inch suspension stuff flexy lift kit. I've done some general maintenance and I need to do a few more things soon, including front swivel housing kit and probably a new steering damper.

Doing the work myself and with help from friends. I am a university student. I've learnt a little bit from working on this old bus so far, and I will probably learn a lot more yet!

So, below is a picture of Old Greg. Pre snorkel, just after I fitted the suspension a few weeks ago.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a337/RTD_89/patrolnonumberplate.png

Cheers,
Rich

Silver
4th September 2012, 12:16 AM
Welcome, Richard and Old Greg :-) !!!!

growler2058
4th September 2012, 12:19 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice
There's some excellent threads here regarding swivel hub kits

Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

Dhuck
4th September 2012, 06:58 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

MEGOMONSTER
4th September 2012, 06:59 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Bigrig
4th September 2012, 07:15 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

threedogs
4th September 2012, 07:36 AM
Welcome mate plenty of GQ freaks here, and plenty of info as well, Enjoy

Maxhead
4th September 2012, 08:05 AM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate

.........on the move

Bob
4th September 2012, 08:37 AM
Welcome Rich. Join in the conversations & Enjoy

Sir Roofy
4th September 2012, 09:27 AM
Welcome aboard richard enjo your stay

AB
4th September 2012, 10:43 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

my third 256
12th September 2012, 10:15 AM
hi and welcom to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

2TROLLFAM
22nd September 2012, 01:55 PM
I've been alittle slack in welcoming new members cuz I'm usually on my phone & it's a pain but "Better Late than Never"

WELCOME Aboard - you'll find these guys & gals to be full of Useful, Entertaining and sometimes Disturbing information LMAO .. Hope you enjoy the forum as much as we all do !!