PDA

View Full Version : UHF Radio - where to hook it up??

CUROUND
1st September 2012, 11:55 PM
G'day folks. I just got a fathers day pressie from Repco.
The UhF 088 Oricom.
Just curious where to hook it up.
I notice some pics have then under the radio, or it can be done under the drivers seat. (there's a plug there running off the seat belt wiring.
I want to rig it up so it can work without the ignition on. Not too sure about the fuse box though as it doesn't appear to have empty spots to wire to?!!
Any ideas would be fantastic.

Cheers.

CUROUND...
:confused::confused:

choochie
2nd September 2012, 12:07 AM
Run a new cable from positive terminal with an inline fuse close to battery terminal. Earth it via negative terminal or shared earth, but don't use same earth as stereo or you'll get feedback n whatnot.

MudRunnerTD
2nd September 2012, 12:07 AM
I would hot wire direct tot the battery with a fuse under the bonnet. By. It going through ignition you can have your radio on in camp without the keys should you be monitoring a friends arrival etc.

patch697
2nd September 2012, 12:27 AM
Run a new cable from positive terminal with an inline fuse close to battery terminal. Earth it via negative terminal or shared earth, but don't use same earth as stereo or you'll get feedback n whatnot.

^^^^^ X2..... Its how I run mine & its wired to the AUX Battery

daggy
3rd September 2012, 08:06 PM
x 3 on the wiring. I have mine right of centre under the dash above the centre console, out of the way of the gear shift. It is a little in the way of the cigarette lighter sockets but can still get plugs in their. Does block the view of the sub tank switch, but that only gets once every couple of weeks.

CUROUND
3rd September 2012, 11:05 PM
Jolly good. Thankyou to everyone.

I have an aux battery, I'll run it from there.
My troll is an ex-gov vehicle which has the piranha dual battery setup. Which reminds me. Does anyone have any information on that?? MAybe somewhere on this forum?? Point me in the right direction, if there is.
Cheers..