PDA

View Full Version : extended brake lines GQ patrol - Mav. Adjust Panhards, etc

Silver
31st August 2012, 10:44 PM
G'day,

I'm on Brisvegas Northside, but have been known to cross the River South and West :-)

Silver is now a bit more than 50mm closer to the stars :Yahoo!::Yahoo!:

no longer low rider Silver. I feel taller tyres coming on........ sigh :xxxx::xxxx::xxxx:

I'm looking for a recommendation for supplier of extended braided brake line for Mav/GQ wagon. Front and rear, the ones that go from the body brake plumbing to the diff plumbing. Apparently the originals are just long enough, which is not a good thing for devices that keep the stopping juice where it should be :-) I think they are all 89 vintage, so am a bit tempted to get a full set - ie 4x diff to caliper as well.

Silver's new 2nd hand springs have the rear diff sitting out a bit to the driver's side. recommendation for supplier of adjustable panhard please? I am told this is non urgent - track does not match up, but alignement etc ok. Left unaltered will confuse me when I finally get around to installing my garden edge flares with gal strap stiffening custom upgrade Growlers used and recommends :-) But, if a lot of $$ may put that towards slider/steps.

Years ago, I read that one of the front steering components had been upgraded. I think it was one of the components to which the steering damper bolts. The recall work to the bracket has already been done to Silver. From memory the issue was a tie rod end/ball joint would break off, if the vehicle had worked very very hard for a very long time on difficult corrugations. The new one is thicker and a different shape? Did any one else hear/read/know anything about this?

Thanks in advance.

growler2058
31st August 2012, 11:18 PM
BiGGus Riggus got braided lines for tank pm him see where he sourced his from

nissannewby
31st August 2012, 11:32 PM
X2 on the braided lines worth the extra dollars over rubber. They are all similar pirtek or any other hose mob could prob make them up for you and there are also some mobile guys who will come to you. With your panhard it will basically be whoever is gonna give you the best deal. Personally Id be looking at a HD item from the likes of superior, tough dog etc.

patch697
1st September 2012, 12:05 AM
Why not go see the guys at Torq 4x4 Im sure they'll look after you in the hip pocket & make sure you leave with all the right gear on board.

Ben-e-boy
1st September 2012, 07:19 AM
dont get snake racing i got some and they weep at the crimp over priced piece of crap. best go to a brake shop or pirteck enzed etc and get them to make them up better for the hip pocket too.