PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the Hawkesbury

John B.
28th August 2012, 09:04 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thankyou for the opportunity to join this wonderful community of like minded people.

Well what can I say, I've recently (just over 24 hours ago) become the owner of a new 2012 Series 8 3.0 TD Patrol, after having been a Pajero owner for the last 8 years (please be kind). While we enjoyed the Pajero for the years we had it and have done our fair share of off-roading in it, I must admit my wife and I have always loved the look and feel of the Patrol. So when the opportunity arose to upgrade, we took the plunge without hesitation and are pleased with our decision as are our kids. It went straight to the shop today for some initial modifications like tyres, bullbar, towbar etc. and will be a work in progress over the next couple of weeks with a few more modifications to come.

We are a family that very much enjoy the outdoors life and 4WD'ing and try to getaway camping with the camper trailer at least once every two months, when the rigours of work life permit.

For a long time, I've read the posts on this forum and gleaned some valuable information, but never felt worthy of being able to post anything until now (because I finally have a Patrol). So I must thank all of the contributors on this forum that have helped me indirectly and I hope I can return the courtesy and input along the way.

I look forward to catching up with you all somewhere out there on the tracks.

Cheers,

John B.

NissanGQ4.2
28th August 2012, 09:21 PM
Welcome 2 the Forum John,

Great bunch of members on here always willing 2 help out where they can

Where about's in the Hawkesbury are you from? I'm not that far away......located at Warrimoo in the lower Blue Mountains.

Cheers

Todd

John B.
28th August 2012, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the welcome Todd.

You're not far away at all, I'm located in Bligh Park.

MEGOMONSTER
28th August 2012, 09:33 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

threedogs
28th August 2012, 09:33 PM
Hello to you and your family, you'll find a great bunch of people here [worldwide], plus all the info you'll ever need, jump in anytime. enjoy

AB
28th August 2012, 09:41 PM
Welcome to the forum guys and congratulations on the new beast!

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

growler2058
28th August 2012, 10:43 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

Bigrig
28th August 2012, 10:46 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

Woof
29th August 2012, 01:32 AM
Welcome John B & Family, thanks for the great introduction mate.....enjoy

Maxhead
29th August 2012, 07:06 AM
G'day and welcome to the forum guys. You're going to love the new Patrol

..........on the move

Dhuck
29th August 2012, 08:00 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.