PDA

View Full Version : Sat Nav Reverse Camera Wont Work

tonkatuffrosie
26th August 2012, 08:50 PM
Hey, the reverse camera in my 08 patrol has stopped working. The screen is black with the time and date still displaying but no video feed. The GPS unit is the vdo dayton v1.3. Does anyone have any ideas on the problem, i have pulled off the back door trim and the connection looks fine, im out of ideas bar pulling the entire unit itself out.

NissanGQ4.2
26th August 2012, 08:54 PM
So everything works except for the Reverse camera?

When you get a change can you drop into the introduction thread and introduce yourself and you rig to the community.

Cheers

Todd

tonkatuffrosie
26th August 2012, 09:28 PM
No worries mate,

And yeah the Sat Nav works, no problems there just when i engage reverse the screen goes black and displays the DTG, ive looked for answers everywhere but cant seem to find any.

NissanGQ4.2
26th August 2012, 10:17 PM
Robert,

Was this working when you bought it and then failed or was not working at time of purchase?

Cheers

Todd

adventurepaul
26th August 2012, 11:30 PM
Having had several of these and two currently it sounds like no signal from the camera. See if there is power to the camera if ok, then the centre pin of the RCA plug yellow (camera output) should be 1.5volts..be sure this 1.5volts is @ the head unit as well. Its either one or other, never had a cam die.

BearGUST
27th August 2012, 03:21 AM
Is it a factory fitted unit?
Definitely agree to check power and earth, I could even leave mine in reverse for a couple minutes and feel some warmth in the camera so I was confident it had power and earth.
If it has an RCA straight off the camera, try plugging it into another good screen; see if you get a picture.

kevin07
27th August 2012, 09:06 AM
check out all the above if you cant find the problem theres a place in melbourne that repairs them as vdo wont touch them, strange that they made the units mine is currently in for repairs its actually overdue for return.kev

tonkatuffrosie
27th August 2012, 09:44 PM
Cheers guys, ill try them all and let you know how it goes. And no it has never worked since i bought the car but have a crawler around the house am very keen to get it going quick, fast, in a hurry.