PDA

View Full Version : need a little help guys

hekarewe
25th August 2012, 05:59 PM
right now to those of you whom are more informed then the rest of us,,,,,,

WHO THE HELL MAKES VIVID UHF CB'S FOR ALDI?????

tried google,,,,, nothing tried alsorts of combinations in google and web searches nothing does anyone know who manurfacture these units??

NissanGQ4.2
25th August 2012, 06:10 PM
http://www.vividdistributors.com.au/product

That's my guess

hekarewe
25th August 2012, 06:24 PM
http://www.vividdistributors.com.au/product

That's my guess

had a look at the site looks like it is all security monitoring gear but hey worth a try thanks for help mate back to drawing board LOL

Clunk
25th August 2012, 06:37 PM
Yep that site just a distributors....... Can't find any info on them either...... Yet!!!!@ lol

NissanGQ4.2
25th August 2012, 06:50 PM
What info are you after exactly? Doesn't Vivid make Vivid products like Sony make Sony Products

NissanGQ4.2
25th August 2012, 07:04 PM
I can't find the Aldi UHF but this is who makes them

http://www.tempoaustralia.com.au/onix-products

04OFF
25th August 2012, 07:11 PM
You in need of a UHF Adrian ?

hekarewe
25th August 2012, 07:30 PM
You in need of a UHF Adrian ?

no dont need one but liked the price on the aldi one and its got all the new channels is all

hekarewe
25th August 2012, 07:34 PM
I can't find the Aldi UHF but this is who makes them

http://www.tempoaustralia.com.au/onix-products

thanks for that mate will take a good look at their site

NissanGQ4.2
25th August 2012, 07:34 PM
Does anyone really need more than 40 channels???, only 40 more channels of crap, swearing and nonsense

97_gq_lwb
25th August 2012, 07:43 PM
I don't mind aldi's prices and products but one thing that stopped me buying them is that when their is a problem they don't have any stock to exchange them or you have to wait 3 months until they do.
They will refund though that just leaves you without especially if you have gone to the trouble of fitting it.

04OFF
25th August 2012, 07:48 PM
Does anyone really need more than 40 channels???, only 40 more channels of crap, swearing and nonsense

Pretty much true Todd, the times ive "really" needed a UHF in emergency, it has not got me through to anyone.

The only other time i use it now is in a forum trip convoy, the rest of the time i turn it off due to the constant dribble, that as you suggest, is just not suitable for the kids to listen to, and the immature complete tossers on channel 7, are just a little much to put up with !

hekarewe
25th August 2012, 08:32 PM

from what i understand the extra channels are split channels which means as a group we can findsome peace and drop between existing ones when talking as a group,,,, or so i have been told LOL

hekarewe
25th August 2012, 08:35 PM
Pretty much true Todd, the times ive "really" needed a UHF in emergency, it has not got me through to anyone.

The only other time i use it now is in a forum trip convoy, the rest of the time i turn it off due to the constant dribble, that as you suggest, is just not suitable for the kids to listen to, and the immature complete tossers on channel 7, are just a little much to put up with !

i still use it when travelling on the highway usually on 40 or 29 when on the coast raod between syd bris useful to keep tabs on mister plod and occassionally catch up with old trucking mates,,,,, but yes there is way to much dibble on there for my liking from the mong factor on channel

Punderhead
25th August 2012, 08:55 PM

I know what you mean. I have had the UHF (well dad's) on scan and it keeps stoppig on 7 with 50 million swear words coming out all at once. one time i got sick of it and when there was a break i sung Mary had a little lamb to them, followed by telling them to get back to their xboxes and quit being such retards. WELL. I learned a lot of new words after that. just held the button down for the next 10 minutes before i turned the radio off.

Back to topic. I will most likely be getting one of the radios because, well, I need one, and for 100 bucks you can't really go wrong! (and I'm povo)

Cheers!

Silver
25th August 2012, 10:57 PM
you'll need an antenna, or to check that your existing antenna plug is compatible.

Adrian, I changed mine from 40 to 80 because the 40 channel units were dead. I am not sure that I get any benefit from having the 80 ch unit. And there is that volume issue we talked about on the trip with Macca86 - my Uniden is supposed to have clever circuits to sort the volume out - but, not sure that it does.

I really don't know if mine, transmitting as it does on half of a channel sounds quiet to you - possibly I think? But according to Evilone, mic technique and other operator characteristics are more important than any difference in signal strength from splitting the channel, Dunno.

04OFF
26th August 2012, 01:32 AM
from what i understand the extra channels are split channels which means as a group we can findsome peace and drop between existing ones when talking as a group,,,, or so i have been told LOL

Yes, i already have a couple of 80 channel hand helds, and channels are split, but in reality "another" 40 more channels has proved no great advantage for me, its just more button pressing to get to the channel i want (always from the normal 40 anyway)

As for travelling in a large group, "every car" has to have a 80 channel unit (aint gonna happen) so your still going to use the normal 40 channels in convoy, unless you want to leave others out (thats not anyone on here's style)

If you have to purchase a new UHF then sure get a 80ch, but i would not rush out to replace a working 40ch for a while yet. :smile:

Silver
26th August 2012, 02:53 AM
Hi Steve, Silver has a new uniden 80 channel. I was able to hear Macca86 at close highway distance, and Hekarewe came through ok, maybe a bit overmodulated.

I gather I was a bit quiet coming back to them :-)

Jaeden
28th August 2012, 10:08 PM
I think this unit is making vividdistributors it's my guess i am not conformed because i have no idea about this but i heard about this from my friend
and he told me that this company is making these units you should try to visit this may be you can get knowledge or otherwise try from the
Google for your this problem because no one can tells you the rite