PDA

View Full Version : Markt

Markt
25th August 2012, 10:21 AM
I believe my thermo fan is constantly running is it possible to repair or replace with a electric. Fan on 97 tubo diesel 2.8 patrol

threedogs
25th August 2012, 12:35 PM
You can replace the fluid, you'll get it from tojo outlets

Clunk
25th August 2012, 01:04 PM
You can replace the fluid, you'll get it from tojo outlets

You've lost me but that's not hard to do in a sleep deprived state...lol

Welcome abroad Mark... Pretty sure there's some info on here about thermo fans.... Have you tried using the search facility? Id have a look but on the tappacrap, tis too hard.

MEGOMONSTER
25th August 2012, 03:10 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

2TROLLFAM
25th August 2012, 03:20 PM
Welcome to the Forums guys - hope you enjoy your stay .. as the boys (& possibly girls) have said - heaps of friendly people & info here :)

If you have a poke around the threads you're sure to find what your looking for ;)

Petit caillou
25th August 2012, 03:22 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Regards
Petit caillou.

Maxhead
25th August 2012, 04:57 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate

..........on the move

Woof
25th August 2012, 08:14 PM
I believe my thermo fan is constantly running is it possible to repair or replace with a electric. Fan on 97 tubo diesel 2.8 patrol

It would be nice if you posted up an introduction about yourself and your Patrol instead of just asking for assistance, it's not that hard mate

Dhuck
26th August 2012, 08:42 AM
It would be nice if you posted up an introduction about yourself and your Patrol instead of just asking for assistance, it's not that hard mate

True Doggy, I will give it a go.........Oh you mean this bloke. lol

Welcome to the forum mate.

Silver
26th August 2012, 08:48 AM
Hi Markt,

fitting thermo fans brings its own problems on the electrical side of things - all doable but something to take into account when deciding whether the repair the fan clutch, assuming it has a problem.

I don't know that people have a problem with them, and I have them on my Mav holding various other coolers to the radiator, but those clips that slip through between the fins and tubes look like a future source of leaks esp after extensive use on corrugations. In practice, though, I have yet to meet someone who has had a problem because of that system

Fiftynow
26th August 2012, 12:25 PM
Hiya Markt, welcome to the forum mate.