PDA

View Full Version : greetings

bsax
26th October 2010, 11:48 AM
hey guys,
only a newby to the whole 4X4 thing
i've already mentioned my location on the map thread but its selby victoria incase it ddint go through.

luckily i stumbled on this site to try and chase up a manual for the patrol to do a lil bit of work on it, but it looks excellent kudos to everyone being a part of it.

just recently got a 1990 patrol gq
runs on gas and petrol, has snorkel all sorts of sweet stuff with it.

got it with my mate to take on a roadtrip to perth and back with some off roading inbetween, but secretly im strongly tempted to sell the car i have (girly civic) and pay out the other half my mate so i can keep it for myself as we had planned to sell it at the end of it all.

just a question, i already asked it with the post on the manual but i may aswell include it on this thread, what i have now, i have a feeling is an import as the badge on the bonnet isnt nissan and it has a higher roof then that of most other patrols i see around.
would the manual found on this site still apply to to the imports or would i need to go on the search overseas?

ill post some pics of it up asap.

cheers a bunch guys and happy to have found the site and to join the community :D

AB
26th October 2010, 12:09 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, theres a few different manuals which should cover most things mate.

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations too!

Look forward to seeing your pics in the members rides section as well...

I don't think your location post came through on the map. You don't actually physically put yourself on the map, just reply with your location in that thread and Todd (member map guru) will add you to it....Cheers mate.

patch697
26th October 2010, 12:51 PM
Welcome on board mate & I hope you enjoy the forum.

Woof
26th October 2010, 08:39 PM
Welcome Bsax, enjoy the forum mate

Maxhead
26th October 2010, 09:06 PM
G'Day bsax, welcome and enjoy

Woof
26th October 2010, 09:09 PM
Hey Bsax, I have to ask what does your forum name mean...........probably should not have asked but just wanted to know.

wildgu6
26th October 2010, 10:57 PM
Hey Bsax, Welcome to forum buddy.

Heaps of handy information on forum, great bunch of people with plenty of good advice.
And a few laughs along the way as well. I think you will find all the advice you need about Trols right here on the forum.
Enjoy.

Cheers Pete

Finly Owner
26th October 2010, 11:06 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissan Nut House Bsax

Tim

Bigrig
27th October 2010, 12:50 PM
Hey mate - welcome to the forum. Not sure on the question about the patrol/import, but if it is, it might be a Safari (Jap Spec) - if so, there are only minor variations in them - mechanically essentially the same, with things like factory turbos, internal guages, factory difflocks, etc being the variances (and some are 24v not 12v on the outlets etc) - usually a higher spec than the ones sold locally, and generally a decent buy if they have just come in as they generally haven't been used in the same fashion as local offerings. Other than that, heaps of people on here who can provide better/more advice than myself, so sit back, ask questions, be involved and enjoy it!!

bsax
27th October 2010, 05:54 PM
Hey Bsax, I have to ask what does your forum name mean...........probably should not have asked but just wanted to know.

just another way of saying hello to all.
hadn't seen or heard the word in a while so i figured i'd use it.

Hey mate - welcome to the forum. Not sure on the question about the patrol/import, but if it is, it might be a Safari (Jap Spec) - if so, there are only minor variations in them - mechanically essentially the same, with things like factory turbos, internal guages, factory difflocks, etc being the variances (and some are 24v not 12v on the outlets etc) - usually a higher spec than the ones sold locally, and generally a decent buy if they have just come in as they generally haven't been used in the same fashion as local offerings. Other than that, heaps of people on here who can provide better/more advice than myself, so sit back, ask questions, be involved and enjoy it!!

cheers mate, yeah it has jap writing under the hood for when it was made and what not so im guessing it's that.

DX grunt
28th October 2010, 09:18 PM
G'day Bsax.

Welcome to the forum.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt