View Full Version : Black Series 2 GQ

roadthumperpatrol
23rd August 2012, 11:05 PM
Just got my black gq with some major body damage but no rust, spent a week pulling and smoothing her over to a solid state, installed dvd player, auto engine start paging alarm system, replacing all the main servicing components, fish oiling the underbody, removed the roof lining and rust proofed the innerside and now she's registered and on the road. next inline over the next few weeks is installing the winch, making a full square steel roof basket with light bar, installing the 4" lift kit and the Dream XXI LPG fuel Injection system. Only new to Patrols and 4x4ing so feel free to pass out some knowledge :)

Picked up a couple of H7 conversion headlights today and some Xenon globes, got a few rolls of RGB and LED lying around so might get a bit creative with the lighting system over the weekend :)

15" Monitor arrived from China today, started on RGB strip work on the grill last night and bought a couple of 10" subs over the weekend. I'll install over the week so more pics after they're in :)

Started mounting the 10" subs today and strapping the roof for the 15" DVD Player/Monitor

Been a couple of weeks since working on the Patrol due to a Council inspection but right back on it, fitted the sub tank an gas tank, spent the last few days building and welding a tradesman rack with light bars for the roof, off for a trip down NSW next week so hopefully have the L.P.G nossles fitted to the inlet manifold, picked up the new L.P.G injection rails and map sensor on Friday so all that's left is the nossels and a tune :)

Finished Front lighting and welding brackets for the LPG Injector rails :)

joetrol
24th August 2012, 10:01 PM
awesome ride man, would look so mean with 35's on black rims.
keep us up to date with the mods bro.

Silver
24th August 2012, 10:06 PM
looks good, and you are certainly working through your list of mods!

growler2058
24th August 2012, 10:07 PM
Looks good mate agree black rims wearin 35's be tuff as

roadthumperpatrol
24th August 2012, 10:18 PM
Agreed looks like we're all on the same page with wheels ;)

AB
25th August 2012, 07:09 AM
Very nice mate, love the black GQ's as well....Keep us up to date with it!

DX grunt
25th August 2012, 07:12 AM
Very nice.

Keep those pics coming.

Take care out there.

Rossco

MEGOMONSTER
26th August 2012, 06:34 PM
Great work plenty potential for a beast.

huey_gq
28th August 2012, 08:02 AM
Any updated pics? Looks good, i just bought one.

taslucas
28th August 2012, 01:24 PM
Love the sticker on the barn door:):)

Tap, crackle, pop

roadthumperpatrol
28th August 2012, 06:36 PM
Sorry no pics yet been busy ripping out door cards electric mechs and a long range sub tank at the wreckers today but will post more pics next week, and cheers Taslucus always good to know another old school Metallica fan unfortunately the guy I ordered it off sent me the wrong colour and size, it was suppose to be dark grey/silver metallic and the exact measurement of the door, like all things your best off doing them yourself, I'll pull the vinyl cutter out of the back shed next week and Decal the hell out of it but for now I'm concentrating on every thing the stocko troll was missing ;) (should cut out a nissanpatrol.com.au sticker for the front windscreen if I got permission hey, wink wink LOL)

roadthumperpatrol
1st September 2012, 07:08 PM
Re-Masonited the drivers door card today, fitted the electric windows yesterday, fitted the monitor and hooked the power to the front rgb, still have to cut the passenger door Masonite (both drivers and passengers were warped) and then the custom interior starts, I'm thinking grey and blue, bought a passenger Monza seat to recover and see how it fits, door cards will be pleated blue at the top and grey at the bottom and the seats will be grey at the sides and pleated blue in the center, might get Nismo embroided but the amount of times I change interiors not very hopeful hehe

97_gq_lwb
1st September 2012, 07:32 PM
If your recovering a monza seat i would recommend trimming down the side supports as they get crushed real quick getting in and out.
I made some brackets and took pics it will give you an idea anyway.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?12892-Fitted-monza-seats-custom-brackets

Clunk
1st September 2012, 07:34 PM
Good looking ride you got there mate, like that 2 tone colour........ man that dvd screen is huge, me kids would love one of those lol

roadthumperpatrol
1st September 2012, 07:57 PM
Thanks heaps, exact info I was after, saves me heaps of time, I don't suppose you kept the dimensions of the brackets?

roadthumperpatrol
1st September 2012, 08:02 PM
yeah I have an autistic child and she can't be seated next to our other two so needed something she could still see from the back row and head rest screens aren't really an option when you have to take them out to pull the seat forward :( so large screen and 5 sets of high DB IR headphones so I can still crank my metal while the kids watch their cartoons :) seems like a win to me :) also installing more charging sockets in the rears for their tablets :)

97_gq_lwb
1st September 2012, 08:09 PM
The plate i used to level out the seat was 10mm thick other then that no but if you look and compare bolt holes etc it will give you a rough idea and make it a bit easier..