PDA

View Full Version : Petrol 4.2 GQ Turbo

Neesmo31
26th October 2010, 11:34 AM
Hey all, just purchased a new (old) patrol, and thought i would say hello.

Basically has the following:
GT35R
MTQ manifold
Haltech E6K
Bigger injectors
Full 3" exhaust
Front mount intercooler
PWR radiator
Boost/airfuel guage
150L tank
2" dobinsons lift
15" mags
Shift kitted auto
Twin trans coolers, 1 underbody, 1 front mount
Winch Bar
UHF
10 stacker with alpine speakers
Extended engine oil pan
Towbar
ARB compressor, twin lines front and rear
Fridge plugs
Hella spotties

Getting 33" MTZ's this week and will be looking at revising the suspension soon. :)

AB
26th October 2010, 12:07 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join the conversations.

Sounds like a beast, feel free to show us some pics in the members rides section too.

Enjoy!

patch697
26th October 2010, 12:55 PM
Welcome on board mate & I hope you enjoy the forum.

Some nice work been done to your Rig BTW...........post some pic up if you wouldn't mind please mate.

Maxhead
26th October 2010, 09:04 PM
Welcome and enjoy the forum

wildgu6
26th October 2010, 10:59 PM
Welcome to forum buddy.

Heaps of handy information on forum, great bunch of people with plenty of good advice.
And a few laughs along the way as well.
Sounds like a nice rig buddy,
Enjoy.

Cheers Pete

Finly Owner
26th October 2010, 11:03 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissan Nut House

Tim

Neesmo31
27th October 2010, 08:44 AM
Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Its pretty nana spec on the outside, which i guess is good. Getting 33's for it hopefully by the end of this week so i will be happy with that.

Long story short, bought the car on saturday, turbo failed at sunday lunchtime... it had a GT2876R on it making 202hp ATW on around 8psi, so thats off the car now, and I have been waiting for MTQ to build me a new dump pipe to match the 35R and the new manifold.

So i have been using this time to service it, done the following items:
New engine oil and filter
New plugs and plug leads
New distributor cap and rotor button
New front and rear diff oil
New transfer case oil
Coolant flush and new coolant
New air filter
* all penrite oils only :) *

Done all those and just a nice tidy up of everything, replaced all vacuum hoses and neatend/zip tied all wiring and hoses. Also got some dielectric grease and cut loose on the connectors in the engine bay.

Basically will have the turbo either today or tommorow, then its going to be fun times.

Thanks again.

RustyNails
27th October 2010, 11:58 AM
Welcome along

Paul

Bigrig
27th October 2010, 12:52 PM
G'day mate - look forward to a few pics!!

Neesmo31
27th October 2010, 01:17 PM
Thanks guys - no your not really looking forward to pics... lol its a bit of a sleeper i guess.

NOTE: LINK REMOVED AS IT DID NOT WORK AND HAD A LINK TO PATROL4X4 WHICH IS CURRENTLY REPORTING MALWARE WARNINGS

REGARDS,

FORUM MANAGMENT

AB
27th October 2010, 01:24 PM
Hi Neesmo31, that photo is on another forum that will not work here unfortunately mate.

You will have to either upload the photo from your computer to here or host it on another website that does not require a log in to see images.

http://photobucket.com/ is a good free site that most people use to host pictures and show on forums.

Cheers mate.

Neesmo31
27th October 2010, 02:03 PM
woops lol. sorry

Neesmo31
28th October 2010, 06:46 AM
Here is the car. Also the new turbo, manifold and dump pipe.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=745&d=1288210526
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=746&d=1288210526
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=747&d=1288210526
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=748&d=1288210526

Neesmo31
1st November 2010, 07:12 AM
Getting there, i guess. :)

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=760&d=1288557719

Neesmo31
3rd November 2010, 09:25 AM
Should be running soon.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=779&d=1288738522

Neesmo31
8th November 2010, 10:37 AM
All running now, got some MTZ 33's on friday, just need to tidy everything up a bit and it will all be sweet :)

Neesmo31
4th January 2011, 08:40 AM
Ordered new suspension, and bought some ARB flexyflares.

Going to run 4" OME front, 3" OME rear, Nitrocharger sports, superior drop boxes, superior panhards, OME steering damper. Cant wait to get the stuff!

patch697
4th January 2011, 08:45 AM
Ordered new suspension, and bought some ARB flexyflares.

Going to run 4" OME front, 3" OME rear, Nitrocharger sports, superior drop boxes, superior panhards, OME steering damper. Cant wait to get the stuff!

Wac up some pics when your done mate we'd love to see it.

Sir Roofy
4th January 2011, 09:19 AM
sounds like this fella is about to launch into space,he,s so excited you can feel it thru his words
good on ya mate enjoy and take pride in your project

cheers roofy

Neesmo31
4th January 2011, 09:25 PM
Thanks lads, will post pics as soon as i get it all in and running. Will be converting back to NA i think (dont ask why) but just will be :)

Will just be a TB42 with some cam and head work, raised compression, header and intake, big fuel system and the haltech will remain for tuneability.

DX grunt
4th January 2011, 09:27 PM
Hey Neesmo,

Whats the Gee Oh with the 4x stubbies?

Neesmo31
5th January 2011, 07:24 AM
Size comparison, plus no good car project is complete without cold beers. :)

Neesmo31
4th April 2012, 09:26 AM
Long time no post.... basically turbo kit is off and is for sale should anyone want this....

But have bought a brand new TB42E engine and have reverted (or in the process of) back to NA over forced induction. Have my reasons, but reliabilty is a major one, fuel octane etc, and my driving priorities have changed. Had my fun, want to do heaps more fishing/camping/touring now rather than 'hardcore' 4x4 and risk busting the car up. So turbo is gone, but will be running the following mods/differences:

TB42E - still running the big fuel pump, haltech, injectors
3" intake pipe
custom stainless airbox into the millweld
headers, hiflo cat and lukey catback
running the trans coolers in the front now that the intercoooler is gone - so will have 2 x 255x280mm coolers with 11" spal fans front and center
will be running 4.3 ratios in the diffs
lots more little mods.

I havnt posted here in a while, and the car has changed alot since i posted last. since then its got lockers, superflex arms big spotties etc so will do a write up when its done.

But the new engine got the works when it was on the stand!
BRAND NEW fully reco'd long engine (rocker cover to sump)
new water pump
new hoses EVERYWHERE
new injectors (prodect code said they were Porsche 944 turbo injectors lol)
new engine mounts
new gaskets everywhere
new plugs/leads
new dizzy cap & rotor button
new filters everywhere
new thermostat
new battery
new air filters
new trans service kit
cleaned ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING - reassembled with new gaskets - reassembled with loctite everything - torqued everything.
new torque converter
Pretty much a whole new motor.... upon startup will have new coolant, new oil, new fuel, new trans oil.

So it should be reliable. :) Will post an update soon.

Spar
4th April 2012, 02:39 PM
Nice, do they go well turbo? I have a stock 4.2 petrol and it goes pretty well as it is. Just sold a XR6 turbo and still day dreaming of blow off valves :)

Neesmo31
4th April 2012, 03:11 PM
You could always buy the kit :)

Basically made 272hp atw on 14 psi. Through an auto. Was awesome :)

Spar
4th April 2012, 03:35 PM
How much :)

Neesmo31
13th April 2012, 07:23 AM
Heres how its coming along. Just doing the nitty gritty stuff now, cleaning up wiring, doing the trans lines and mounting the coolers, auto service, new bump stops etc....

Photo of the mock up of the trans coolers and running the lines etc. Nearly there.....

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14989&d=1334264019

Dhuck
13th April 2012, 08:16 PM
Missed this one. Welcome to the forum mate.

Neesmo31
16th April 2012, 07:25 AM
Cheers :)

Will be good to get the old girl going again....

PHT33
16th April 2012, 09:30 PM
G'day and welcome, just joined up also and already looks like a good forum :D Should have a beast of a truck there.

Neesmo31
17th April 2012, 11:06 AM
Thanks lads, this is when it WAS turboed.

Finishing off wiring tonight and fill her with oils and do its first start and run in hopefully tonight!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13291&d=1331006458

bicimundo
18th April 2012, 04:30 AM
Welcome to the forum,

regards,

Carlos

timbar
19th April 2012, 02:17 AM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim