PDA

View Full Version : GQ 3" diesel exhaust on Petrol wagon

twase
23rd August 2012, 07:20 AM
Apart from maybe the hangers can I put the rear and middle section from a Diesel gq wagon onto a petrol wagon with LPG tank? I can't find these sections off the shelf in a 3" system for the petrol wagon.

nissannewby
23rd August 2012, 07:35 AM
Yeah mate won't worry it at all. The chassis are the same so the brackets may be there or at least the holes for them. Then it's just a matter of apapting it to your turbo.

Rustyboner81
23rd August 2012, 07:56 AM
Maybe just call an exhaust plsce and ask. Only to ask about the cadalitic convertor, differant fuels differant emmisions shouldnt see it bring a problem though

twase
23rd August 2012, 08:14 AM
Yeah mate won't worry it at all. The chassis are the same so the brackets may be there or at least the holes for them. Then it's just a matter of apapting it to your turbo.More concerned with the rear section and the LPG tank, the diesel would not have to cope with that. The reason I ask is that an ebay supplier says it does not go in the same path as the petrol so he could not say it will fit.

twase
23rd August 2012, 08:15 AM
Maybe just call an exhaust plsce and ask. Only to ask about the cadalitic convertor, differant fuels differant emmisions shouldnt see it bring a problem thoughI was not thinking of getting the cat section just the middle and rear.

nissannewby
23rd August 2012, 08:31 AM
I thought they all run down the same side. where is the LPG tank fitted?

Rustyboner81
23rd August 2012, 09:12 AM
ahhhh right mate, i got LPG tank at the back too, the exhaust pretty much goes right along the bottom of the body before twisting down between the shock and tank on the passenger side.

sorry mate if i was in perth i could look at my mates and mine side by side.

can someone post a photo of there diesel exhaust from underneath

nissannewby
23rd August 2012, 02:13 PM
Thats pretty much where mine goes it goes out the passenger side of the vehicle next to the diesel tank just behind mud flap