PDA

View Full Version : Engine Mounts

Kevs GU
22nd August 2012, 08:39 PM
Hi everyone just wondering does anyone know where i can get the small shocks that are near the engine mounts on my 2002 4.8l patrol, besides going genuine?

Lieney
8th October 2012, 10:33 PM
You might need to be a little more specific about small shocks KevsGU.
If you are referring to the front shocks, there are many aftermarket places available.
Any 4x4 joint should have you sorted.

nissannewby
8th October 2012, 10:45 PM
The 4.8s have a small shock mounted to the engine must be to help with the torque these things put out. As far as im aware kev its only genuine. Try sending garry at nizzbits an email he is usuall very good with this sort of stuff and is well priced for genuine gear.

Kevs GU
12th October 2012, 06:02 PM
The 4.8s have a small shock mounted to the engine must be to help with the torque these things put out. As far as im aware kev its only genuine. Try sending garry at nizzbits an email he is usuall very good with this sort of stuff and is well priced for genuine gear.

Thanks for the advice will give nizzbits a go thanks again.

threedogs
12th October 2012, 06:31 PM
Really a small shock, is this Nissans answer instead of some chain or strap???

Kevs GU
12th October 2012, 06:53 PM
Really a small shock, is this Nissans answer instead of some chain or strap???

Not much give in a chain or strap i think the shock works well.

threedogs
12th October 2012, 07:26 PM
Nah ,had a 350 Chev in last 4x4 and used chain to stop it breaking engine mounts all the time.
It justs limits how far the motor will rotate under full noise

nissannewby
12th October 2012, 08:44 PM
This shock will do the same except it will compress instead of the chain which will stop once its pulled tight. I think there maybe a sort of bump stop setup once it compresses the shock. Its just a way to make it nicer to drive as with chain it doesnt have a lot of give in it.

threedogs
12th October 2012, 08:52 PM
not whistling dixie there newby, but thanks sounds like a much better system

mudski
12th October 2012, 10:23 PM
Reminds me of when I dropped into an old customer of mine a few years back. He's dyno's and makes 4wd go fast stuff. Anyhow I went into see him once and he had a 4.8l on the dyno. The just finished the turbo, IC and zorst on it. This thing was screaming it tits off, it left the shop with 450 horses trotting out the rear wheels. Watching the engine twist in this this while they were dynoing it was insane.