PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Competition

Yendor
20th August 2012, 06:17 PM
Hey Guys and Girls,

I need to ask a favour. My wife is involved with Little Paws Kitten Rescue association, I know what you thinking "I hate cats" must admit I am more of a dog person myself.

The main goal of the organisation is to remove/rescue cats from unsuitable locations and re-home them with responsible pet owners as inside pets only.

Like all nonprofit organisation money is tight. Facebook is current running a competition for $2000 in pet supplies.

I would be very grateful if you could take a couple of minutes to vote for "Terra" the Kitten that Little Paws has entered.

This is the facebook link http://bit.ly/OLfiW4

If you would like to find out more about what Little Paws does here are their details www.littlepawskittenrescue.org.au and facebook page Little Paws Kitten Rescue Association. or you can PM me and I will get the wife to answer any question.

Cheers Rodney

NissanGQ4.2
20th August 2012, 07:10 PM
Hi Rodney,

Done mate

If you don't mind me asking, what's your wife's position with Little Paws?

My missus is a vet nurse and is also involved with re-housing Kittens / Cats

Cheers

Todd

Winnie
20th August 2012, 07:16 PM
Hey Rodney, just voted and it looks like your wife is in the lead, good luck to her!

89gqpatrol4x4
20th August 2012, 07:19 PM
will get the soon to be missus on it as soon as she gets home!

Yendor
20th August 2012, 07:20 PM
Hi Todd,
Thanks for helping us out. My name is Rachael, Rodney's wife. I am a volunteer at Little Paws. I foster mothers and kittens, kittens and unwell cats. I also help out with the maintenance of cleaning cages of adult cats that haven't been adopted yet. I am also involved in fundraising and care of grooming cats. Well I do a lot and help wherever I can. At the moment I have 2 mother cats with four babies each. The youngest are 4 weeks weighing about 300 grams. I also have 3 older kittens 7-8 months. Plus my own 3 cats. Where does your wife help Todd

Maxhead
20th August 2012, 07:25 PM
Voted Rachael

..........on the move

Bloodyaussie
20th August 2012, 07:31 PM
What happens if you like cats and hate facebook then?????

snewin
20th August 2012, 07:38 PM
Voted, best of luck.

patch697
20th August 2012, 07:58 PM
Done this end & best of luck with the comp.

Trolatron
20th August 2012, 08:10 PM
Done :thumbup:

NissanGQ4.2
20th August 2012, 09:26 PM
Hi Todd,
Thanks for helping us out. My name is Rachael, Rodney's wife. I am a volunteer at Little Paws. I foster mothers and kittens, kittens and unwell cats. I also help out with the maintenance of cleaning cages of adult cats that haven't been adopted yet. I am also involved in fundraising and care of grooming cats. Well I do a lot and help wherever I can. At the moment I have 2 mother cats with four babies each. The youngest are 4 weeks weighing about 300 grams. I also have 3 older kittens 7-8 months. Plus my own 3 cats. Where does your wife help Todd

Hi Rachael,

Erin my better half works for Vet Clinic here in the Blue Mountains, they get a fair few strays / dumped cats in so they adopt them out through the Clinic

DX grunt
20th August 2012, 09:33 PM
I voted for Terra, not Tarra.

Did I vote for the correct one? Did you do a typo?

Anyway, you're right. I hate cats. lolol

Every vote counts.

Rossco

Yendor
20th August 2012, 09:40 PM
Rossco you have a keen eye, yes it is Terra.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Cheers Rodney

the ferret
20th August 2012, 09:44 PM
Can't find where ta vote Rodney!!!
Cheers, the ferret.

AB
20th August 2012, 09:47 PM
Voted using my misses FB log in...LMAO

Your cheating Rodney, your going to get a few extra likes with this post...lol

Yendor
20th August 2012, 09:48 PM
Cheers, the ferret.

Did the link not work?

http://bit.ly/OLfiW4

NissanGQ4.2
20th August 2012, 09:49 PM
Cheers, the ferret.

Rod, It says "Vote" on the right hand side of picture, just below the description of cat and above where you can leave a comment

Cheers

Toddie

Timmo
20th August 2012, 09:52 PM
done ....good luck

Yendor
20th August 2012, 09:55 PM
Voted using my misses FB log in...LMAO

Your cheating Rodney, your going to get a few extra likes with this post...lol

Rachael says thanks :thumbup:

NissanGQ4.2
20th August 2012, 10:00 PM
Rachael, do you know who they use 2 buy the beds, , toys, scratching posts, Cat litter etc from or is it all donated?

Cheers

Todd

Yendor
20th August 2012, 10:06 PM
Rachael, do you know who they use 2 buy the beds, , toys, scratching posts, Cat litter etc from or is it all donated?

Cheers

Todd

We get most of products donated. We buy food and kitty litter but the rest is donated.
Kind regards Rachael

the ferret
20th August 2012, 10:09 PM
Did the link not work?

Yeah got in ok but darned if I could find Tarra the kitten let alone where ta vote!!!

NissanGQ4.2
20th August 2012, 10:13 PM
We get most of products donated. We buy food and kitty litter but the rest is donated.
Kind regards Rachael

Cool, I work for a wholesale company that sells domestic animal supplies. I don't know if my work donates 2 any good causes ( I doubt they do ), but I will suss it out.

Cheers

Toddie

Yendor
20th August 2012, 10:19 PM
Cool, I work for a wholesale company that sells domestic animal supplies. I don't know if my work donates 2 any good causes ( I doubt they do ), but I will suss it out.

Cheers

Toddie

Thanks Toddie. Little Paws really does need extra help and every little bit helps. At the moment we have at least 500 kitties being fostered and even more at the centre.
Yours sincerely, Rachael.

Winnie
20th August 2012, 10:22 PM
Yeah got in ok but darned if I could find Tarra the kitten let alone where ta vote!!!

You have to "like" the page first Rod, then the photos should show up for you to vote.

the ferret
20th August 2012, 10:41 PM
You have to "like" the page first Rod, then the photos should show up for you to vote.

Done, I hit the vote button 750 thousand times, so she should be a winner LOL
Cheers, the ferret.

Yendor
20th August 2012, 10:47 PM
Done, I hit the vote button 750 thousand times, so she should be a winner LOL
Cheers, the ferret.

Thanks mate :thumbup:

The BigFella
21st August 2012, 11:09 AM
WooHoo voted all done! Now just dont tell all my mates ok?

bazzad
21st August 2012, 01:16 PM
Done,
Terra is pretty cute
aahahahahah did i say that out loud
Good luck
bazza

Sir Roofy
21st August 2012, 04:28 PM
Hi Roofys boss here. Just voted. Roofy says he hates cats but when he doesn't know im listening I hear him talking to our cat. They are great friends.

Yendor
21st August 2012, 07:16 PM
WooHoo voted all done! Now just dont tell all my mates ok?
Thanks mate, it will be our little secret :wink:

Yendor
21st August 2012, 07:17 PM
Done,
Terra is pretty cute
aahahahahah did i say that out loud
Good luck
bazza

Thank you, that's all I keep hearing in my house hold at that moment.

Yendor
21st August 2012, 07:23 PM
Hi Roofys boss here. Just voted. Roofy says he hates cats but when he doesn't know im listening I hear him talking to our cat. They are great friends.

Thank you, we all know Roofy is a big softy :)

I had to put my best mate down last year, had him for 14 years (I have always owned a dog since I was about 10 years old).

I haven't found it within me yet to get another dog, anyway there is this one kitten that Racheal brought into our house (rescued from a mentally ill person that had over 50 cats in her house) that I have bonded with.

This kitten was so scared that she couldn't stand to be in the same house with a human let alone the same room. It has taken about 3 weeks but now she feels comfortable enough to come up to me when I get home and start purring. So yes, they are great friends.

NissanGQ4.2
21st August 2012, 07:38 PM
Me again Rachael,

Could you please PM me a contact for donations, name, phone, email addy, etc.

I spoke to my warehouse manager today and he said that they do donate to some adoption centres already, they donate there cat food ( Nutrience Cat Food ), Currently they only donate 2 Sydney based company's as they can pick up there order, so doesn't cost the company transport cost. But if Little Paws are currently buying there cat food then maybe it would work out cheaper to get donated some food and Little Paws just pay transport cost. Might be worth while for them to set up an account with us as we do kitty litter as well

My manager does not look after donations and was unsure about any other products but gave me the name of the persons I will have to speak about it.

Not at work tomorrow, but hopefully will get a chance to speak with them on Thursday

Cheers

Toddie

P.S: Hello Rodney

Winnie
21st August 2012, 08:06 PM
I always hated cats but we got one to eat all the little miceys around... bonded with her alright and she's great company. She is no dog though, you'll never have a better mate than a dog. Miss mine every day.

Here is a photo of mine when she was a little kitten
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/164571_494596448024_7520302_n.jpg

PS I have had a hair cut since then!!

Sir Roofy
21st August 2012, 08:19 PM
I always hated cats but we got one to eat all the little miceys around... bonded with her alright and she's great company. She is no dog though, you'll never have a better mate than a dog. Miss mine every day.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

PS I have had a hair cut since then!!

yep much shorter now

MC97GQ
21st August 2012, 08:45 PM
Hey Rodney,

Another vote from me, good luck with it, on another note my young bloke has been nagging to get a cat for the last 12 months, I've been trying to ignore his pleas but a stray turned up 3 days before his birthday in July, so we now have a cat.

And it's earned his keep already.

Mark

Yendor
21st August 2012, 09:49 PM

Hey Rodney,

Another vote from me, good luck with it, on another note my young bloke has been nagging to get a cat for the last 12 months, I've been trying to ignore his pleas but a stray turned up 3 days before his birthday in July, so we now have a cat.

And it's earned his keep already.

Mark

Thanks guys, Yep it's funny how they can work their way into your heart.

sam697
22nd August 2012, 01:26 PM
Voted ! That is one cute cat :) Good luck !!!

Yendor
25th August 2012, 02:05 PM
Hi Guys,

Just an update. The lead has swapped a few times over the last couple of day between Terra and Keira (a rescued dog).

It is turning into an epic battle between Terra and Keira a bit like the Nissan and Toyota battle.

Keira the dog being the popular Toyota (based on sales figures) and Terra being the Nissan

At times it has seemed like Keira had a large enough lead over little Terra that she didn't have a chance of getting back in front but to her credit she just keeps on plowing on (just like the mighty Nissan) and is currently back in front.

I would like to thank again all the people that have taken the time to vote.

Kind regards

Rodney

2TROLLFAM
25th August 2012, 03:08 PM
Done ... :) Good Luck to your wife

Yendor
25th August 2012, 05:03 PM
bump...........

Yendor
29th August 2012, 04:53 PM
Bump.......

Yendor
8th September 2012, 01:52 PM
bump....... Today is the last day for voting. Currently in 3rd place, I will let you know how it goes.

NissanGQ4.2
10th September 2012, 05:42 PM
Congrats Rodney and Rachael, I believe you took out second place, not $2000, but still a good win.

Yendor
10th September 2012, 06:03 PM
That's correct Todd, little Terra has taken out second place. The judges finally announced it sometime day.

A big thank you again to all who took the time to vote.

Here is the official results.

http://offerpop.com/Contest.psp?c=179079&u=48118&a=254553244581393&p=434350749943268&rest=0&v=Results

Cheers Rodney

NissanGQ4.2
10th September 2012, 06:38 PM
I wonder if they went through and checked all votes *L*