PDA

View Full Version : New Patrol owner!

jmandea
18th August 2012, 04:07 PM
Greetings everyone, I'm relatively new to the Nissan Patrol, having owned a number of Disco's previously. The year before last my Husband had the opportunity to go overseas for work and the only way he could clear that little trip through the dog and I was for me to get the green light to get my Patrol, something I'd been wanting for a long time. I've always admired the Patrol, as I like a big chunky 4WD, but somehow ended up with the Disco, which served its purpose the poor, hard-worked thing. Anyway, when a great second hand GU IV came available, with many mods already onboard and at a great price, it matched what I was after (months of research went into that!) we took at look at her, had her checked over and in the end got a great deal. I still remember sitting up there for that first drive up the road...I think I may have cackled evilly on a number of occasions :devilred:- there's nothing like a big steel bullbar to lead the way! Nearly two years later and I love that truck even more, especially now that I'm adding a few more essentials to the beast along the way.
Anyway, see you out and about - in the bush and in this forum too!

MEGOMONSTER
18th August 2012, 04:09 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

threedogs
18th August 2012, 04:32 PM
Hello and welcome, think you conned hubby into a Patrol, well done, love your work'
Great bunch of people here and plenty of info as well, Enjoy

Kai
18th August 2012, 06:21 PM
Welcome to the forum

Big_Roy
18th August 2012, 06:53 PM
Welcome mate, best forum around. Enjoy

growler2058
18th August 2012, 09:30 PM
Well done welcome aboard gottta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Petit caillou
18th August 2012, 10:04 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Regards
Petit caillou.

Silver
18th August 2012, 10:08 PM
Welcome, jmandea, both to patrolling and to the forum!!

Dhuck
21st August 2012, 05:59 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

AB
21st August 2012, 07:26 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

89gqpatrol4x4
21st August 2012, 07:38 PM
welcome to the forum all very freindly here, great bunch of people.

Maxhead
22nd August 2012, 07:34 AM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate

..........on the move

cgm
22nd August 2012, 03:05 PM
Hi jmandea, Just new here myself, but a bunch of friendly people and good service from the mods and admin, so it's a good place to be. Welcome.

No more Disco. You must have lots more space when packing the new truck - don't need to take all the spare parts with you everywhere you go, like in the Disco ... :)

chevracer383
23rd August 2012, 08:36 PM
Good job on talking your hubby into getting you a Patrol jmandea. Welcome to the forum.

nipagu7
23rd August 2012, 08:56 PM
Welcome to the forum jmandea . I'm a new Patrol owner myself and so far so good . I'm sure you will find lots of interesting info here and many will be interested in sharing any info you might have to add . Cheers .

Bigrig
23rd August 2012, 09:50 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

DX grunt
25th August 2012, 07:43 AM
G'day and welcome to the forum.

Glad you could join us. Feel free to contribute.

Take care out there.

Rossco

2TROLLFAM
25th August 2012, 03:25 PM
Welcome to the Forums guys - hope you enjoy your stay .. as the boys (& possibly girls) have said - heaps of friendly people & info here :)

jmandea
26th August 2012, 07:30 AM
:blowup:
Hi jmandea, Just new here myself, but a bunch of friendly people and good service from the mods and admin, so it's a good place to be. Welcome.

No more Disco. You must have lots more space when packing the new truck - don't need to take all the spare parts with you everywhere you go, like in the Disco ... :) ha ha ha I could pay cash for the Patrol with the money I saved on repairs after ditching the Discos!:blowup:

Fiftynow
26th August 2012, 12:56 PM
Welcome to the forum jmandea......Disco was never the same after Saturday Night Fever....

benhirst
28th August 2012, 04:04 PM
Welcome to the forum, enjoy the info.