PDA

View Full Version : New at this forum stuff

Gonzo65
17th August 2012, 10:02 PM
G'day, been a member for a while, trying to workout how to post. Hopefully this is it.
I am on my second Patrol, had a second hand 1989 GQ for a few years until in 1998 I bought a new GU with the 2.8 TDI. It's my favourite money waster. Have done a significant number of mods and additions over the last 14 years. Now has full air suspension with electronic control, Bullet 6.5 Supercharged diesel and 4L80E conversion, plus all the usual, front & rear bars, lights, drawers etc. Scary when it went over the weighbridge at 2.9 T empty.

Love some of the stories and build ups.

Queenslander, almost Victorian now, after the last 22 years in Vic, Wodonga and now Melbourne.

NissanGQ4.2
17th August 2012, 10:07 PM
Welcome 2 the forum mate

Great bunch of members on here always willing to help out where they can

Looking forward 2 seeing some pics of your rig

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer.

Cheers

Todd

Gonzo65
17th August 2012, 10:50 PM
Thanks, and is there a trick to uploading pics etc from an ipad or is it best just to use a PC?

threedogs
17th August 2012, 10:56 PM
Welcome aboard, look forward to pics of the conversion as well,
No idea here how to upload/download, however there is a test area
Some of the computer minded guys will be along shortly to sort it out for you

NissanGQ4.2
17th August 2012, 10:56 PM
Thanks, and is there a trick to uploading pics etc from an ipad or is it best just to use a PC?

I can't help on Ipad as I don't have one

on the pc the only real trick is to make sure that pictures are under 1.9MB in file size before uploading, anything over won't upload. Most people just use Photobucket and just link the pics.

Send a PM or post a new thread in the help section if you get stuck, there is also threads in the help section explaining how 2 upload pics.

Cheers

Todd

Gonzo65
17th August 2012, 11:03 PM
What is photobucket? I am not real familiar with any sort of forum or facebook type stuff.

Petit caillou
17th August 2012, 11:04 PM
Hi mate, welcome to the forum.

Regards
Petit caillou.

Bigrig
17th August 2012, 11:24 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

Dhuck
18th August 2012, 12:28 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Dave

DX grunt
18th August 2012, 02:20 AM
What is photobucket? I am not real familiar with any sort of forum or facebook type stuff.

Photobucket is one of the ways to download photos from your computer to make them forum friendly, so you can post them.

Many of us use the photosize 640 x 480, which fills up the screen - just right.

http://photobucket.com/

Welcome and take care out there.

growler2058
18th August 2012, 06:40 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

Maxhead
18th August 2012, 08:10 AM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate

..........on the move

AB
18th August 2012, 09:16 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

MEGOMONSTER
26th August 2012, 06:54 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

benhirst
28th August 2012, 04:06 PM
Welcome to the forum, enjoy the info.