PDA

View Full Version : breathers

silly one
17th August 2012, 08:31 PM
hey again
going to put extended breathers on this weeknd just wondering what most ppl do with the rear diff breather do you run it up into the engine bay or ???? i was considering seeing if i have enuf room in the petrol filler and run it up there also on the front and possibly rear diff do i just put a t piece in the line or am i looking at the wrong thing
cheers silly

threedogs
17th August 2012, 08:41 PM
Most would run to the engine bay to a small air manifold that'll except F/R diff, Gearbox and trannfer case. make sure you leave heaps for max flex and keep it well away from exhaust

megatexture
17th August 2012, 10:07 PM
oh and dont buy one of them kits for like 70-90$ just get some fuel hose cut to length and run it up to a 2$ fuel filter under the bonnet and put a loop in it with the filter pointing down so water cant get caught in it you can get it all dont for like 20$

silly one
17th August 2012, 11:04 PM
yeah got all the bits had a rough idea what i wanted to do just needed reasuring haha
and on my front diff there is a hose that runs from 2 barbs one on the diff housing and one on the axle housing what is this and i also the breather on my gearbox keeps spewing oil out will doing the extended breathers remedy this ?????

Bigrig
18th August 2012, 12:31 AM
I ran mine up onto the firewall on the passenger side - figure if you drown it there, you've got bigger problems to worry about!!! lol

growler2058
18th August 2012, 06:45 AM
On the GQ the breathers for box join to the front diff breather
My rear I took up into the rear 1/4 above where the bottle jack lives so it's higher than the top of the back seat

Tap, Tap.......Who's there?