PDA

View Full Version : Port Hedland new owner. The BEAST.

BRTSyndrome
17th August 2012, 03:51 PM
Hi folk's My name is Azza, I'm an apprentice mechanic at BHP in Port Hedland. Just recently aqcuired a GQ wagon with TB42 5 speed from me old man. She was a bit of a slugger, missing radius arm bushes on the rear ends and sway bar link bushes. busted arse seatbelt in the front and No power to the headlights what so ever.

SO FAR:
Replaced the radius bush rear rubber's left the offset caster one in the front. (Too hard to get right)

Replaced swaybar links with GU items and rubbers. Had to drill out the swaybar ends to accomodate.

Rear sway bar bushes are next in the firing line.

Put the spot's on mock-up till I get to the lights going.

Replaced the seatbelts with working retractors x2 in front. Installed UHF/CB yet to purchase antenna
for it.

Pulling stereo out for old one from the missus's car. Didn't think there was four screw's holding the trim in till two snapped. ( dammit.)

That is all so far. You mob seem to have a great helpful and informative community here. I am impressed and awed by all your good work on your vehicles. Much inspiration there.

Have a great time out there folk's don't get to stuck without your gear. (Like I do.)

I also have caught BRT syndrome or BIG RED TRUCK syndrome. lololol.

Am so going to upgrade the exhaust to be a bit loder hopefully sometime down the track
and I want to custom something like a three or four inch ally snorkel for that little bit of extra shinyness. maybe. see how we go just getting it roadworthy first.

White Elephant
17th August 2012, 03:56 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate. Enjoy your stay!

growler2058
17th August 2012, 03:58 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

BRTSyndrome
17th August 2012, 03:58 PM
I'm sure I will plenty of fishing to be done on my holidays. just need to remember to take the shovel this time.
Cheers. Do you really remember everything?

MudRunnerTD
17th August 2012, 04:01 PM
G'day mate, welcome here

BRTSyndrome
17th August 2012, 04:07 PM
Hey can i ask about combination switches here or should I go elsewhere on the forum? I'm not entirely sure what's wrong with me lights neg switch etc all i hear is combination switch is stuffed.

DX grunt
17th August 2012, 04:34 PM
G'Day Azza.

Great to see another Sandgroper on here.

If you look in the Electrical Section, you might find your answer/s, otherwise, start a new thread in the electrical section, and keep checking regularly for an answer or two or three. lol

Take care up there.

Rossco

Petit caillou
17th August 2012, 04:49 PM
G'Day Azza, welcome to the forum,

regards
Petit caillou.

threedogs
17th August 2012, 05:55 PM
Hello and welcome ,got a great rig to build up ,plenty of info here for you,
plus a great bunch of people, Enjoy

Dhuck
17th August 2012, 05:58 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

MEGOMONSTER
17th August 2012, 08:11 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Maxhead
18th August 2012, 08:15 AM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate

..........on the move

Bigrig
18th August 2012, 08:37 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

AB
18th August 2012, 09:19 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

happygu
18th August 2012, 12:34 PM
Looks like an extremely tidy GQ.....well done

Kai
18th August 2012, 04:43 PM
Welcome to the forum!

BRTSyndrome
19th August 2012, 01:25 AM
LOL. @ happygtu mate, you must have some real good rose coloured glasses there man. I could show you all the issues like the hole in the driver's side footwell but that's hidden under the carpet so it's not technically there. lol cheer's fella's happy 4 or 3 wheel driving all!