PDA

View Full Version : Damn wobbles

Bumbles
17th August 2012, 02:17 AM
Hi every one. I have just got my self a 2005 3 lt td and there is a horrendous wobble at about 70 kph till 100 and then it go until 120 khp :1087:

WHAT THE HELL is going on? I have read a lot of posts about it and can't get much of a straight answer. Can some one point me in the right derection as where I should start please ;)

growler2058
17th August 2012, 02:22 AM
Gday mate welcome aboard head on over to the intros and say gday something we ask all members to do, cheers

it could be many many things mate, you need to get under the vehicle and check all suspension components and start eliminating items. if theyre all good you need to start looking at wheel bearings swivel hub bearings etc. Or could simply be wheel balance

Bumbles
17th August 2012, 06:04 AM
Ok thanks mate. Will do

threedogs
17th August 2012, 06:58 AM
Welcome aboard , get bunch of people here, Enjoy
Check your rear wheels aren't loose as well.

BigMav
17th August 2012, 12:50 PM
Check panhard rod bushes mate this is probably the most common problem. In my case I rebuilt the hubs, New bearings including king pins, New radius arm bushes and new panhard bushes. Costly but each of those things were accumulating to the wobble. It drives like new now.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using Tapatalk 2

Stusgq
17th August 2012, 01:24 PM
been lifted? If so could be castor issue as well. May even be as simple as a worn out steering damper

Rustyboner81
22nd August 2012, 06:44 PM
have your rims got all the lead weights on them? or have they moved?

threedogs
22nd August 2012, 06:58 PM
Hey Bumbles, whats the update????

nomadTech87
1st September 2012, 06:52 PM
wobbles at about 80km/h are very common in the GU. Especially if you've had it lifted/modified. Mine developed them after I switched to steel rims. Last time I repacked my bearings I made sure I torqued the wheel nuts on very evenly bit by bit. The wobbles disappeared after that.

I've heard of people changing their castors after a lift to eliminate the wobble.
If your rim throws a wheel weight then can also develop as mentioned above.
When you got a chance get underneath and check for any play in the steering assemblies,
also jack up each side and check for freeplay in the wheel. I know of someone who had the wobbles and eliminated them after replacing worn king pin in the swivel hub
It could also be an accumulation of several factors