PDA

View Full Version : another newbie!

Damo_80
14th August 2012, 10:24 PM
Hi guys and gals,
As stated i'm a newbie to this forum and forums in general for that matter. I am also the proud owner of my first 4wd at age 31! Which brings me to the reason for signing up to the forum, my 88 beige (and i hope this isn't a dirty word) maverick dubbed lovingly the "beige hornet". She's relatively stock apart from a 2inch king spring lift, 16 inch gu rims (soon to be replaced by 15 inch black steelies) gas converted 4.2, electric windows, remote central and cd player all fitted by previous owners.
In the 3 weeks iv had it iv fitted up a free gme uhf i got from my brother and completely degreased and sprayed kill rust black the under carriage, partially for looks and mostly for ease of cleaning and maintenance duties.
Future mods include the aforementioned black steelies fitted with 33 inch hercules trail diggers ( cheap and apparently not bad??) and hopefully in the not too distant future a 3 or 4 inch lift, contemplating dobinson 4 inch or suspension stuff's 3 inch flexicoil lift with drop box's which seems like the way to go and appears to be good bang for buck.
i got into 4wding a few years ago with my younger brother and his hilux and more recently a turbo diesel 80 series. The nissan v toyota sledging match has already started and my choice in vehicle was not only to keep up with him and other mates in lifted trucks but to hopefully have a crack and show em how its done!
Cheers and thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Dhuck
14th August 2012, 10:32 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

AB
14th August 2012, 10:32 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, great intro and congrats on the beast!!!

growler2058
14th August 2012, 10:53 PM
Gday Damo welcome a board mate gotta frien dly mob here fulla great info and advice.
Youll blow lowluxs and landcrabbers outa the mud mate ;-)

Bigrig
14th August 2012, 11:28 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

IronSparks
15th August 2012, 12:18 AM
Welcome to the mad house

MEGOMONSTER
15th August 2012, 06:05 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Dingo55
15th August 2012, 07:58 AM
Damo, welcome mate, great site here.

threedogs
15th August 2012, 09:42 AM
Welcome Damo, great bunch of people here, when the HORNET is modded up you'd be surprised what the MAV will do.
Plenty of info here for you as well, Enjoy

White Elephant
15th August 2012, 01:18 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate. You're in the right place. Enjoy your stay!

Big_Roy
15th August 2012, 05:29 PM
Welcome mate, Good to see you already have plans for the rig, enjoy!

Damo_80
15th August 2012, 07:49 PM
Cheers guys its great to be a part of it.

Maxhead
16th August 2012, 06:28 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate

..........on the move

Petit caillou
16th August 2012, 06:30 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Regards
Petit caillou.

Finly Owner
16th August 2012, 10:35 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Damo_80 we accept Fake Patrols here LOL!

Tim