PDA

View Full Version : Gu Ti speed sensor and reverse input for GPS & reverse camera

Alitis007
14th August 2012, 05:12 PM
Hi all just wanting to know what pins on the ecu are for the vehicle speen sonsor and reverse signals so i can connect to my aftermarket head unit for gps and reverse camera cheers

threedogs
14th August 2012, 05:35 PM
I have double din head unit with GPS , reverse and all that, I didn't hook into the ECU.

Alitis007
14th August 2012, 07:16 PM
Hows does your camera switch on when your put it into reverse then ?? I dont feel like running wires out to the neutral park switch or all the way back to the reverse light. And how does your gps go when you loose signal like in a long tunnel withought the sensor telling it how far you have travelled ???

97_gq_lwb
14th August 2012, 07:30 PM
Do they really have a speedo sensor input ? not that i have ever played with an in dash unit but i have never heard of it.
You could just use a switch for the reverse camera.
Or the yellow wire off the selector or reverse switch if a manual.

threedogs
14th August 2012, 08:04 PM
Was sitting next to him when he did it, picked up a reverse wire from centre console auto. now not sure about GPS pretty certain its not tapped into ECU. never checked when going through a tunnel, but we dont have many here and the one we do have is tolled. Unless the ECU speed sensor wire is in loom under dash on RHS.

Alitis007
14th August 2012, 10:52 PM
Every car with abs has a speed sensor. Ill look for that yellow wire tomorrow, on my last car non abs i used a aftermarket cruse control pick up off the tail shaft as a speed sonsor but ill have to look at a wire diagram and sus it out thanks for your help.

the evil twin
14th August 2012, 11:05 PM
Head Unit Speed Sensor input - this is for auto volume control IE as a vehicle speed increases and ambient noise rises then so does the volume of teh head unit

GPS Vehicle speed sensor input - this is the realm of the tru Sat Navs which continue to work in tunnels etc like the VDO Daytons et al. These Units also have turn gyros/accelerometers which is why they cost $1500 t $2500 ish altho many would argue they still aren't worth it.
I haven't seen an Aftermarket Head Unit that pulls ECU speed sensor data for this purpose but that doesn't mean they aren't there. Non-GPS speed without vectors from a gyro or accelerometer so the Unit can dead reckon would be pointless anyway.

Alitis007
15th August 2012, 12:41 PM
Head Unit Speed Sensor input - this is for auto volume control IE as a vehicle speed increases and ambient noise rises then so does the volume of teh head unit

GPS Vehicle speed sensor input - this is the realm of the tru Sat Navs which continue to work in tunnels etc like the VDO Daytons et al. These Units also have turn gyros/accelerometers which is why they cost $1500 t $2500 ish altho many would argue they still aren't worth it.
I haven't seen an Aftermarket Head Unit that pulls ECU speed sensor data for this purpose but that doesn't mean they aren't there. Non-GPS speed without vectors from a gyro or accelerometer so the Unit can dead reckon would be pointless anyway.

All my head units are double din and are name brands i can run the unit without having the wire connected it just sets the speed input to vurtual pulse which get its ground speed by triangulating between the 10 satellites it receives its data from. In my opinion its good to have connected helps make the unit more acurate like i said thru tunnels and thru dense forrests.

Yendor
15th August 2012, 12:47 PM
You can download the workshop manual from this forum.

It will show you the ECU pin configuration.

Alitis007
15th August 2012, 06:47 PM
Thanks for that i check it out