PDA

View Full Version : Patrol 08 3.0 litre patrol lost power down low revs

silverscott
14th August 2012, 04:48 PM
The dealer has just removed and replaced the engine in my 08 3 litre auto patrol
due to a coolant leak at the front of the motor.

The batteries were disconnected.

The Patrol now has no low down power and seems to have a dead spot when applying power.
The foreman said the transmission may need to re learn our driving habits again.
have now powered hard to re teach the transmission but nothing has changed.

This vehicle is now a dog down low it seems like the power band of the vehicle has moved up.

has anyone got any ideas what may have happened or what to do

Thanks

Scott

threedogs
14th August 2012, 05:29 PM
Hi can you see if all the hoses are on the VAC solenoid which is just near the airbox .
should have three hoses fitted, sounds like they forgot to hook something up

Before asking questions people are asked to introduce themselves first in intro section.
Just something we ask all new members to do then post question in the right section'

So welcome Scott, and enjoy

silverscott
14th August 2012, 05:48 PM
Never used a forum before a bit lost

Thanks very much

threedogs
14th August 2012, 06:39 PM
No probs, its just what they ask so they get to know you a bit and vice versa.
have you checked your hoses?
could disconnect the battery for 20 min to reset, but dont think this is the problem
I think its not boosting as I've been fiddling with mine lately and your problem sounded very similar

PURPLE
15th August 2012, 06:14 AM
Hi mate, sounds like a problem i had with my hilux, just one of the old rubber hoses came off, just got a new one, reconnected and all power returned.

Dingo55
15th August 2012, 07:55 AM
Hi silverscott, welcome & this is a great site. Is your vehicle still under warranty? If so, then take it & keep taking it back until they fix the problem. Love that comment by the nissan guy, "The foreman said the transmission may need to re learn our driving habits again." The transmission is an inert object built to perfom a function, not to 're learn' your driving habits. Hope you get the problem sorted but if you're still covered by warranty, then make Nissan fix it the way it's supposed to perform.

cheers,

silverscott
15th August 2012, 09:19 AM
Thanks everyone the vehicle is still under warranty, checked all the hoses they are all in place.
Three dogs it definitely feels like it is not boosting, it is going back on Monday.
But I would love to be able to fix before taking back to them.

threedogs
15th August 2012, 09:28 AM
No probs , yeah love that re learn comment too, thats a keeper
Seems strange they gave you the Patrol back driving like that.
sounds like it wasn't road tested, will know soon enough

macca86
15th August 2012, 10:22 AM
Id double and triple heck the intake air box made intercooler hoses turbo hoses etc or check turbo its self they may have damaged it

Yendor
15th August 2012, 10:50 AM
Possibly one of the hoses on the intercooler is not fitted correctly.

silverscott
17th August 2012, 09:17 AM
Thank you all the problem is fixed before it goes back to the dealer for final check. It was a pleasure to tell them some 54 year old bloke had fixed what they did not. In a nice way of course.
Problem was the top inter cooler hose clamps had not been tightened as you guys said.

Introduction:

2008 Nissan ST 3.0 Auto
60 mill lift lovells springs and shocks
snorkel and normal bars and driving lights etc
Cooper St tyres.

Wishes Current shape Patrol to be fitted with the 3.0 V6 and 7 speed auto from the 550 no other changes needed, they would sell thousands of them.

Thanks again

macca86
17th August 2012, 10:38 AM
Glad you got it sorted mate

Dhuck
21st August 2012, 06:02 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

threedogs
21st August 2012, 06:18 PM
Thats great, as suggested check all hoses. good outcome, next

happygu
21st August 2012, 11:16 PM
Excellent work - it is always disconcerting when things aren't running right and you know it but everyone else won't see it.

Mic

Maxhead
22nd August 2012, 07:29 AM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate

..........on the move

cgm
22nd August 2012, 03:16 PM
Hi Scott, Just new here myself, but a bunch of friendly people and good service from the mods and admin, so it's a good place to be. Welcome.

Nice to see, that even in your intro the guys here were able to help and point you in the right direction for the problem!

Can't stand it when the dealer treats people like idiots and makes up some bullsh*& sending you out to teach you car new tricks - i.e. relearn. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with it, but they do. :furious:

Good to see it's sorted now though.

threedogs
22nd August 2012, 03:29 PM
Maybe you can tell them you'll have to RE-LEARN how to pay.
That might sharpen them up a bit. S#%T thats funny LMFAO

DX grunt
25th August 2012, 07:47 AM
G'day Scott

Welcome to the forum and glad you could join us.

Take care out there.

Rossco

2TROLLFAM
25th August 2012, 03:24 PM
Welcome to the Forums guys - hope you enjoy your stay .. as the boys (& possibly girls) have said - heaps of friendly people & info here :)

MEGOMONSTER
26th August 2012, 06:57 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

benhirst
28th August 2012, 04:05 PM
Welcome to the forum, enjoy the info.