PDA

View Full Version : windscreen washer Leak

ckh
13th August 2012, 08:27 AM
I've pulled the bottle out, and checked it for leaks. it seems fine, but a bugger to put back in... pulled the pumps out checked the seals, put silastic on them and put everything back together, but after filling the bottle and leaving it sit for a while I see a drip coming from under the car below where the bottle is, I have checked with a light and cant see anything, but if I feel with my hand the front washer motor is wet on the bottom of the motor..

ckh
13th August 2012, 08:30 AM
I pulled the wet pump out and ran silactic around the bottom of it were the join is, but it still leaks.. any suggestions

ckh
13th August 2012, 08:33 AM
I filled the tank yesterday morning, and checked it again this morning, it has leaked near 1/4 of the water out...

Big Tuna
13th August 2012, 09:04 PM
Just get a new bottle of eBay man.. Cheap enough, the rubber seals that the motors push into have prob had it

Sid
14th August 2012, 05:47 PM
Seals inside pump knackered. Its hard to fix. Easier to buy new motor off ebay.

Stusgq
15th August 2012, 08:05 AM
had same problem, tried everything you have already done, pulled motors apart coz I'm a tight a$# and resealed. Still leaked. Bought two new motors - job done

riskset
15th August 2012, 08:44 AM
check for cracks at the screw mounts that only separate as you tighten?

ckh
24th August 2012, 07:56 PM
Fixed the problem by pulling out a pump from my sons old ford sitting in the back yard, no leaks, and works great, if anything near chips the windscreen, its squirts that well... :)

ckh
10th September 2012, 10:56 AM
Now the rear pump decided to leak, so lucky my sons ford had both front and rear washers, so the other pump has gone on and works a charm... had a mate buy a new bottle and 2 new pumps off ebay, has had dramas since they arrived although they look nice and new....

Silver
10th September 2012, 11:02 AM
I don't have enough wrists and elbows for that job :-). Congrats on getting it done!

I wonder whether the back pump has more grunt than the front one. My ex ebay one is barely sufficient for the front. Not so bad that I feel an urgent need to replace it, but close. The plugs are different, but that doesn't take much to change plugs I guess.

patroltb42
13th September 2012, 05:18 PM
just carry a pump water bottle with ya and give the window squirt now and then haha.