PDA

View Full Version : New member

chevracer383
12th August 2012, 05:10 PM
Hey guys. Ive been wanting to join this forum ever since my Patrol about 12 months ago, but I have another project car ive been working on so I haven't had a lot of spare time. I have a 2003 Y61 GU3 ST ZD30DDTi auto. When I got the car it already had am alloy bull bar with IPF driving lights, Hayman Reese tow bar, & Cruise control that doesn't work. The cars engine was rebuilt about 40,000km before i got it by Nissan and it came with receipts for the rebuild (around $12k).

Since I've had the car I have replaced the front brakes, replaced all the shocks with pedders Trakryders, dual batteries using a TJM battery tray, Matson isolator and new century batteries. Ive also run power from the deep cycle battery to the back of the centre console where I put in a narva 81027BL dual heavy duty 12v socket. we also put in a double din dvd player in the dash and headrest dvd players for the kids. Apart from a heavy duty rubber mat in the back thats about it. It also has had some ongoing issues with an intermittent fault in the Throttle Position Sensor which I haven't gotten around to fixing yet.

Last week I did the rear brakes (bendix 4wd), rear axle seals, new rear diff oil (Penrite limslip140) and replaced the handbrake shoes.

Thats enough waffling on for my first post. Im looking forward to being parts of the Forum.

Thanks

Darren

NOTE: The water is not leaking from the car. It was from washing off the lemonade that my daughter spilt :)

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc506/chevracer383/Patrol/Patrol1Small.jpg

growler2058
12th August 2012, 05:23 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

threedogs
12th August 2012, 07:12 PM
Welcome aboard Darren, You'll find plenty of info here, plus a great bunch of people as well, Enjoy

MEGOMONSTER
12th August 2012, 07:16 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Sir Roofy
12th August 2012, 09:02 PM
welcome aboard mate enjoy your stay

IronSparks
12th August 2012, 09:45 PM
Welcome. Plenty of info here and the members are very helpful.

AB
13th August 2012, 08:24 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Dhuck
13th August 2012, 11:16 PM
Welcome to the forum mat. We will let you believe it is lemonade. lol

Finly Owner
16th August 2012, 11:57 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Darren

Tim

Petit caillou
17th August 2012, 12:02 AM
Welcome to the forum Daren.

Regards
Petit caillou.

chevracer383
23rd August 2012, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the welcome messages guys.

I'm sad to say I have my truck up on the hoist at the moment and I'm 1/2 way through pulling the box out. It will be then going for a rebuild after losing drive in all gears last Thursday. Blessing in disguise though because we were due to go to the Snow on the Sunday and if it happened wile we were down there I would have been in all sorts of trouble.

The good news is I got myself a shiny new 2 stage transmission jack to do the job :)

DX grunt
25th August 2012, 07:41 AM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

Glad you could join us. All the best with your repairs.

Take care out there.

Rossco

chevracer383
21st January 2016, 02:27 AM
its been a long time since my last post. Have moved house as well & now live near Yalwal in the Shoalhaven. Thought I would post a few update pictures. Not sure If Im meant to post them here or start a new "Build" thread but here they are anyway :)

64159 I put the new awning on last Saturday.
64161Fitted the light bar on Sunday

I put in a set of 2inch Dobinson coils and bilstein shocks about 6 months ago. Only other things I've done on it since last post was a UHF radio, roof basket, & optima start battery. I have a few things planned for it shortly though :) Snorkel is down the shed waiting to go on.

threedogs
21st January 2016, 09:13 AM
How are your temps going with that much radiator block ??
slow going your fan will take care of most of it ,
Im thinking hwy speeds

Svdwalt007
22nd January 2016, 12:40 PM
Welcome Darren.

4bye4
22nd January 2016, 03:39 PM
Welcome back mate - long time between posts.

chevracer383
22nd January 2016, 11:26 PM
I haven't noticed any change in temp at any speed :) It takes up less space than a couple of 240 spotties and a winch control box :)

chevracer383
23rd January 2016, 12:08 AM
Cheers mate hoping to be on a bit more now that I have some more time and my hands.