PDA

View Full Version : front end on gq coil

honest271
12th August 2012, 07:57 AM
Goodaye all, Does anyone know what could possibly cause one side on the front to be 15mm lower than the other? It never used to be but noticed it yesterday, it has 2" king coils and koni long travel shocks all fitted by G.S.A. in Brissy 260k ago was wondering if one spring might be getting tired doesn't go bush bashing mainly towing caravan any comments appreciated.
cheers honest

MC97GQ
12th August 2012, 08:28 AM
What side spring seems lower, do you have anything in your truck on the side that is lower, if you have the vehicle unevenly loaded can cause one side to sit down a bit.

Others on here may have more ideas

Mark

Bigrig
12th August 2012, 10:00 AM
Most springs (if not all) have a slight "drivers side" offset - about 15-20mm higher on the drivers side spring (seriously) - my flexi's were about 25mm higher on the drivers side. It's apparently to compensate for the driver constantly being on that side - makes sense, although I wouldn't rule out sagging after that much distance.

honest271
12th August 2012, 02:01 PM
Thanks for replies so far Mark has nothing in it, it is the drivers side that is higher only on the front but.
cheers honest

nissannewby
12th August 2012, 02:03 PM
Yeah most compensate for driver and the battery being on that side of the car you also have your steering box there, it all adds up.

honest271
12th August 2012, 03:46 PM
Yeah just went outside with the gobstopper before and measured before i got in and after with me in both sides the same.
cheers honest