PDA

View Full Version : My Patroling History

tricksgonefishing
9th August 2012, 11:25 PM
The G60 was my first Patrol and all it got was a roof and guard chop and some 35's. Then I made some alloy flares and side steps for it.
The GQ wagon was my second and it was an 88 TD42 and it got a turbo dynamics turbo kit,
4" lift with Rancho 9000's and in cab control. The wagon sat on 35" BFG's
The GQ ute was my third Patrol and it got a full make over with the turbo dynamics manifold with garret turbo, intercooler, respray, 316 stainless steel tray with 3mm dropsides, front and back air springs with in cab control (all 4 independent control), Tuff Dog adjustables with in cab control,Warn winch, Arb Bar,255/85R16 KM2's,Saffari Tuff clutch and a few uther bits and peices.
The big yellow ute is my current project and is a VP on a GQ chassis with the holden V8 and nissan 5 speed. At the moment its still kind of standard but I just bought a twin transfer housing for it so I can add another low range (for crawling) and give it a total of 15 forward gears.I also intend to put it on airbags with tuffdogs as it worked so well on my last ute. It will also get a 355 stroker soon and some more custom bar work. I love to play with this ute so It should just keep getting better. Ive never come accross anything that will beat it on the beach. The Nitto muddies at 38"x 16" tend to float over even the softest of sand and come into there own in the mud. They are the best thing Ive put on it so far.18830188311883218833

97_gq_lwb
10th August 2012, 12:28 AM
Good stuff except for that yellow thing . (holden hatred) lol

DX grunt
10th August 2012, 12:33 AM
Gotta love the ute. Quite partial to them myself. lol

We're gunna go to Israelite Bay in Feb. Currently living in Gnowangerup and moving to Mukinbudin in 18 more sleeps. lol

Take care out there.

Rossco

97_gq_lwb
10th August 2012, 12:38 AM
Gotta love the ute. Quite partial to them myself. lol

We're gunna go to Israelite Bay in Feb. Currently living in Gnowangerup and moving to Mukinbudin in 18 more sleeps. lol

Take care out there.

Rossco

To be expected from someone that hates mud lol

DX grunt
10th August 2012, 12:50 AM
To be expected from someone that hates mud lol

Ease up sunshine!! lol. I love the colour of the ute, but I love the colour of the other ute, more. hahahahaha

Why spoil the natural colour of a ute with mud?