PDA

View Full Version : Removing the NATS in a Nissan Patrol TD42 2005

Miss Morgan
9th August 2012, 11:17 AM
Hello,
Does anyone know how to remove/override the NATS engine immobilzer system for a Nissan TD42.
I took the car to the nissan dealer and they could not fix it and want to investigate it further costing probably alot of money.

The thing is, I think the car would be much more reliable if I didnt have to worry about it mucking up and not starting.

Any help would be great, I have purchased and waiting for the service manual to download, to have a look at the wiring diagrams to try understand the system.

I appreciate anyones experience with the problem of NATS.

97_gq_lwb
9th August 2012, 11:22 AM
I do recall a thread about people having nats reprogrammed and spending money replacing crap at the stealers only to find the problem eventually being a bad earth connection.
Their is also an aftermarket product for remote start car alarms available that produces a signal the same but i can't remember what it was called.

Miss Morgan
9th August 2012, 11:24 AM
Oh Thanks for that, I will keep searching the forum. And look into the aftermarket product.

Alitis007
9th August 2012, 11:34 AM
Viper alarm for $6 - 700 you get remote start and a smart start device to use your smart phone to lock unlock start ur car and if u want to use the gps tracking you can pay annually $60 $99 or $130 i just put 1 in my mazda its great remembers were you park and even has some other features like parking meter so you dont get booked
Oh and it also has the pre heat feature for diesels too

Miss Morgan
9th August 2012, 11:39 AM
Alitis007...I am not sure this is going to help me with the Nissan Anti theft System, unless you have installed it and it overrides it?

97_gq_lwb
9th August 2012, 11:58 AM
Their is also another option from reading a thread on another forum i can't post links to here on the injector pump apparently their is a black box for the fuel cut of solenoid that has power earth and nats signal inputs or 3 wires then underneath it a normal powered cut of solenoid.
apparently you can just bypass the black box power the original fuel cut off and be done with the troublesome nats rubbish.
If you speak to an auto elctrician and explain it they should be able to help.

Miss Morgan
9th August 2012, 12:23 PM
Thank you, will look for it!

Yendor
9th August 2012, 12:41 PM
Yes it can be bypassed. There is an electrical control unit on the injector pump that needs to be removed.

Hard part is, you need to remove the injector pump to do it.

Miss Morgan
9th August 2012, 01:17 PM
Oh K Yendor this seems more positive! My husband is very good with cars, and is pulling his hair out with this atm.
Is it fiarly stright forward to find once the injector pump is off!
Can you be more specific? Have you by passed your?

Yendor
9th August 2012, 01:39 PM
I don't have the same engine as yours.

Yes it is straight forward just as described above, you remove the control unit and connect the ignition and earth straight to the shut down solenoid.

I was unable to find any pictures of the injector pump but heres how the system works and the wiring diagram.

Alitis007
9th August 2012, 01:40 PM
Alitis007...I am not sure this is going to help me with the Nissan Anti theft System, unless you have installed it and it overrides it?

Most qualified installers of car alarms and auto electrician generally know how to override factory fitted security systems. And from shat the other people are saying its going to make your patrol easyer to be stolen so imho id replace the factory 1 with a good quality aftermarket unit.

Miss Morgan
9th August 2012, 01:52 PM
Thank you, trying to download the service books etc, but I have the slowest internet access.

My husband started to look at removing the injector pump but it has anti theft bolts etc on it and he doenst know what tool to use to get it off.
So did you do it to your car, do you actually need to drill out the bolts to get it off?
Sorry for asking so many questions, we do have someone that may help do it, but any help from here wouldbe great!

Miss Morgan
9th August 2012, 01:54 PM
Most qualified installers of car alarms and auto electrician generally know how to override factory fitted security systems. And from shat the other people are saying its going to make your patrol easyer to be stolen so imho id replace the factory 1 with a good quality aftermarket unit.

Sorry I mis understood you. I will look into it. Thank you!

Yendor
9th August 2012, 02:07 PM
The security system in my patrol is different to yours because of the different engines.

Sorry can't help with removing the injector pump, this is not a job I would attempt.

If the problem is with the control unit in the injector pump then fitting an aftermarket alarm will not solve your problem or take away the worry you have about reliability.

I would have a chat with a company that services injector pumps and see how much they will charge to remove it.

You could always put in an aftermarket alarm later.

Miss Morgan
9th August 2012, 02:15 PM
Thank you very much Yendor! Will see how it all goes!

Yendor
9th August 2012, 02:24 PM
There is another guy on here Matt. I think he's a diesel fitter, he might be able to guide you through R&R of the pump.

Hopefully he'll jump online later this afternoon.

Good luck with it.

Miss Morgan
9th August 2012, 02:27 PM
Thank you, I will try find him!

nissannewby
9th August 2012, 06:02 PM
Which Matt are you talking about Yendor?

Yendor
9th August 2012, 06:24 PM
Which Matt are you talking about Yendor?

You, any words of wisdom.

nissannewby
9th August 2012, 06:28 PM
Yeah mate cheers for the plug :).

The fuel pump should only be held on by 3 nuts. One of these nuts is very hard to get to without appropriate tooling. If you could possibly post up a pic I could be of more help. The anti theft or tamper proof fasteners are generally on the pump itself. Being a TD42 I dont imagine you would have to remove the pump to get to the fuel cutoff solenoid as these are generally easily accessible.

Miss Morgan
17th November 2012, 12:29 PM
Again thank you everyone for your help in the past!

I thought I would write a quick post and say what an awesome man my husband is!
HE FIXED THE CAR! It was with the info provided on this site and a few friends but he managed to do it in our shed with limited tools and didnt take the fuel pump off.
The light still comes on and she starts. I think he almost wet his pants. Bit of black tape and the light it never to be seen again.
One bolt was easy to pry out and this created a slight false excitement for the second bolt easily coming out, but tweezers, bullet casing and bobby pins glued to the loose bolt would not let it budge. He drilled through the side of casing to see the bolt and managed to somehow get the bolt out.
The tiny sensor board thingo is totally smashed and he said he almost buggered the important wire to the solonoid.
But it now works and we both now feel confident to deck the car out and be free to stop and start when we wants.

Thank you Nissanpatrol forum!

Yendor
17th November 2012, 02:09 PM
That's excellent news, thank you for letting us know that it can be removed (with a bit of patience) without removing the IP.

I did read another thread recently where they just took to it with a drift and hammer and just smashed if off without evening trying to undo the bolts.

You will have to give hubby a pat on the back for a job well done from us.

Don't forget to post pics of your travels.

Halvorsen
27th September 2013, 03:18 PM
Hi All,

I currently have a similar Nats prob, engine cranks but wont fire!

Has anyone rectifed this fault by bypassing the immoblizer?

Can an auto electrician undertake this,

Contact number of a Sydney based auto electrician would be appreciated!

Lionel84
1st October 2013, 01:29 AM
Viper alarm for $6 - 700 you get remote start and a smart start device to use your smart phone to lock unlock start ur car and if u want to use the gps tracking you can pay annually $60 $99 or $130 i just put 1 in my mazda its great remembers were you park and even has some other features like parking meter so you dont get booked
Oh and it also has the pre heat feature for diesels too

Hahaha awesome! I suppose you'd have to bypass the NATS before this can work.

geckster
11th January 2014, 11:27 AM
Ok. So just trying to sus out this same problem with the NATS / CSOLU problem on a 4.2Ti

The photo's pretty cruddy i appreciate, but if anyone's done this themselves, preferably without removing the injector pump, i'd love to hear any pointers they may have.

And just checking that the item in the photo is the CSOLU? this it the box that needs to be removed, and then bypassed?

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd78/gregnewton/IMG_20140110_110944.jpg

MudRunnerTD
11th January 2014, 12:07 PM
Ok. So just trying to sus out this same problem with the NATS / CSOLU problem on a 4.2Ti

The photo's pretty cruddy i appreciate, but if anyone's done this themselves, preferably without removing the injector pump, i'd love to hear any pointers they may have.

And just checking that the item in the photo is the CSOLU? this it the box that needs to be removed, and then bypassed?

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd78/gregnewton/IMG_20140110_110944.jpg

Hey mate head over to the intro section please and post an introduction thread please.

Yes I have done this exact modification in the last 6 weeks without removing the pump. I did most of the work with a 10mm wood chisel and a lump hammer.

While your doing an intro I will find my thread on this topic mate.

Cheers MR

MudRunnerTD
11th January 2014, 12:12 PM
Immobilizer-light-staying-on (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?24666-Immobilizer-light-staying-on)

vsanchezm1
7th July 2014, 07:59 AM
You can still send the forum thread where they explain as bypass pump, would have a patrol grean helps stop com one year ago NATS problems and no any merely to start it, vsanchezm1 is my yahoo mail mexico. thank you

Drewboyaus
8th July 2014, 08:35 AM
You can still send the forum thread where they explain as bypass pump, would have a patrol grean helps stop com one year ago NATS problems and no any merely to start it, vsanchezm1 is my yahoo mail mexico. thank you

Mate, follow the link in the previous post from MudRunnerTD.........

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner