PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys anyone herd of a gq commercial ute????

Chris88
8th August 2012, 08:19 PM
Hi guys I am new around here just thought if ask I have a 1990 4.2 gq ute I have had it for over a year now but talkin to a few of my mates mine has a lot of differences my steering setup is completely different mine has flat guards like an mq the rear diff looks like its about 12 inch apparently the mate I bought it of said it came with an original Nissan tub which I never did see and have never seen one and it also has an original bull bar and pto which that came with it????? My mates old man said it could have been a commercial but I can't find anything on it

The reason is it got t boned a while back I've changed the rim and every thing but I'm fairly sure I may have slightly bent the axel??

taslucas
8th August 2012, 08:26 PM
Hey, chris88 Are you able to post a pic of your patrol? Itll help us pick which one you've got.

growler2058
8th August 2012, 08:28 PM
Is it leaf sprung rear end. Hasnt there been talk here about a bigger diff that came out in some utes. Ben-e-boy maybe was chattin about it

threedogs
8th August 2012, 08:42 PM
Yo Growler there was a pic of a well back GQ ute the other day with pics
Check thread in Members ride on STYLE SIDE UTE

growler2058
8th August 2012, 10:01 PM
Yep i recall that but there has been chat in the last coupla mnths about some utes with BIG DIFFS H671????? or something like that

nissannewby
8th August 2012, 11:21 PM
Yeah the leaf sprung GQ's and Early rear leaf sprung GU's had a larger rear diff (H260). The leaf sprung GQ's and very early coil sprung ones had a different steering setup with a relay arm and pivot shaft mounted to the chassis. As for your guards, there were 3 different types of ute cabs and there are a few different variations in the guards as well. I think with the earlier ones some of the MQ panels were the same and interchangeable.

growler2058
8th August 2012, 11:24 PM
Yep i recall that but there has been chat in the last coupla mnths about some utes with BIG DIFFS H671????? or something like that

Yeah the leaf sprung GQ's and Early rear leaf sprung GU's had a larger rear diff (H260). The leaf sprung GQ's and very early coil sprung ones had a different steering setup with a relay arm and pivot shaft mounted to the chassis. As for your guards, there were 3 different types of ute cabs and there are a few different variations in the guards as well. I think with the earlier ones some of the MQ panels were the same and interchangeable.

Not bad i was in the ballpark hahahahahah got the "H" and a 6 right ;-)

MudRunnerTD
8th August 2012, 11:41 PM
His might be leaf sprung up front too? The early GQ ute retained 4 leaf springs and MQ non flared guards.

Post some pics of your car mate

nissannewby
8th August 2012, 11:52 PM
Yeah as far as Im aware you couldnt get a half half like the GU's in the spring combination.

97_gq_lwb
9th August 2012, 07:58 AM
I had one for parts heaps of different bits on them it was a ford maverick da td42 h260 rear diff leaf spring all round.

I still have a lot of parts if you need anything send me a pm with your phone number i'll call you.

nissannewby
9th August 2012, 11:03 PM
A lot of the users here use a photo bucket account and inbed the link or. Alternatively if you right click on the image in its folder on your computer, click edit and up the top menu bar you can resize it. Reduce its size to under 1.9mb and you will be sweet.

Chris88
9th August 2012, 11:11 PM
Cool thanks I'll give it a crack and my ute is leaf spring all round

nissannewby
9th August 2012, 11:12 PM
Yeah my mrs has a ute with a similar drive line to yours.

Chris88
9th August 2012, 11:14 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18828&d=1344515115&thumb=1

Chris88
9th August 2012, 11:17 PM
i just havent seen another around like it and if my axel is bent was wonderin how har it would be to find another one or would i be able to have it heated and straightened or would that fatigue the axel to much???

nissannewby
9th August 2012, 11:21 PM
Axle or diff housing?

MudRunnerTD
9th August 2012, 11:23 PM
You should be able to find one mate. Of interest would be to figure out if it is the front riff off an earlier MQ? That would by straight up??

I have deleted your pic fails just to keep the thread tidy mate. Try using photobucket to host or tapatalk on your phone to host them here straight from your phone ;)

Chris88
9th August 2012, 11:31 PM
thanks think it just the axel bent tho not completley sure it still drives fine and no noise coming from the diff and i replaced the rim because iwhen driving i can see the rear wheel has a wobble to it cant feel it while driving but so im just stabbing in the dark its the axel

nissannewby
9th August 2012, 11:35 PM
buckled wheel or wheel bearings is more likely

Chris88
9th August 2012, 11:57 PM
Yeah I my original thought was buckled rim so I bought a new one replaced it didn't change anything haven't done the wheel bearing yet tho might do it this weekend see how I go thanks for the help:)

97_gq_lwb
10th August 2012, 09:02 AM
you could always setup a dial indicator and see if their is a bent axel .
Even going off the rim edge with some metal rod clamped in position so it barley misses the rim edge then rotate the rim on the stub and if their is a bend see if it is in the same place.

Chris88
10th August 2012, 06:23 PM
I tried that with some bricks and a reo bar but I didn't try rotating the rim to see if it's in the same spot I'll give it a go