PDA

View Full Version : New guy old truck

Chris88
8th August 2012, 06:22 PM
Hows it going guys my name is Chris I have a 1990 gq patrol 4.2 lt na ute
My old ute is fire truck red with 2 inch lift and bf 33 muddies she is pretty old now pushin 460k but the good old 4.2 cranks over every day with the first turn of the key

My interest changed from lowered commodore utes to my GQ after a 4wd weekend with some mates we had a couple of old hilux, a surf , 100 series cruiser and at the time my mates red gq after watching the gq dominate over the hiluxs and surf and only matched by the hungj i knew it was the car I wanted, and I still get a smile on my face every time I have to drag my bosses kited up 2010 hilux out of a bog hole

Ok so that's a bit about me and my old truck just thought I'd join up to share stories and pics with everyone and with my utes age some other members knowledge wouldn't go astray .

MEGOMONSTER
8th August 2012, 06:30 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

threedogs
8th August 2012, 06:31 PM
Hello and welcome, better life style outside camping, thrown a pic of your ute up here, great bunch of people here as well, Enjoy

Chris88
8th August 2012, 06:42 PM
Thanks guys I'll try and russel up some pics of it mine is a bit different everyone thinks from first glance everyone thinks its an mq or mk because my guards are flat on the front end but a mate of mine who has had a few gq says my steering setup is completely different to his and my rear diff looks like its about 12 inch, some one said something about a gq commercial ute???? But I couldnt find anything on the net about it ?? So maybe some one on the forum knows?

AB
8th August 2012, 07:19 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

You should get a better response by asking questions in a different section as a lot of people don't read the introductions.

growler2058
8th August 2012, 07:35 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice
Your troll will walk all over the 100 any day of the week!

Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

wildgu6
8th August 2012, 07:38 PM
G'day & welcome aboard Chris
Great lot here with tons of ideas, advice, adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable
Sounds like you been bitten mate.
It's sure an addiction, Enjoy

Cheers Pete

Yappa Tappa Doo

Silver
8th August 2012, 08:46 PM
Welcome, Chris88!!

don't give away any secrets, but is it reasonable to guess that the the ute is two years younger than you? :-)

healy
8th August 2012, 08:58 PM
Welcome to the forum

Trolatron
8th August 2012, 09:05 PM
Hmmmm I was 18 when my trol hit the showroom floor... Welcome Chris sounds like an interesting truck..

Chris88
8th August 2012, 09:09 PM
Yeah by the clock it's seen more then I have lol

Dhuck
8th August 2012, 10:31 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Bigrig
9th August 2012, 06:16 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

Knorf
9th August 2012, 11:45 AM
Welcome. You will find the answer to nearly every question you have right here.

Enjoy

White Elephant
9th August 2012, 11:47 AM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate. Great intro! Enjoy your stay!

Miss Morgan
9th August 2012, 01:08 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Finly Owner
10th August 2012, 11:28 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Chris

Tim