PDA

View Full Version : turbo oil return line

Gazza96
7th August 2012, 08:30 PM
gq 2.8 turbo

the oil that gets pumped through the turbo retrns via rubber hose to sump or just above it, is there a mesh filter on the return anywhere??

Wine_maker
8th August 2012, 02:30 PM
Hi!

When I rebuild mine RD28T, I didn't see any filters after this rubber hose. I think there only one main oil filter for engine oil and turbo oil.

White Elephant
8th August 2012, 02:40 PM
That's correct, the oil is pumped from the block, through the turbo, then back into the sump. There is no filtration that i am aware of. It's an oil and water cooled turbo.

Stropp
8th August 2012, 03:45 PM
and dont buy one off nissan, i just did, i thought it was a shaped hose as i didnt look properly, its just a piece of straight hose about 2 inches long $42, good one nissan.

White Elephant
8th August 2012, 04:57 PM
and dont buy one off nissan, i just did, i thought it was a shaped hose as i didnt look properly, its just a piece of straight hose about 2 inches long $42, good one nissan.

They'll get you everytime! I never buy genuine hoses, I always go to the likes of Pirtek, Hoseco, Austrahose or somewhere like that. The majority of it is good stuff and only a quarter of the price!

AB
8th August 2012, 07:16 PM
No filter mate, that will cause restrictions and block it up and cause a lot of damage, let it flow.