PDA

View Full Version : size of hoses for provent

Stropp
7th August 2012, 05:37 PM
hi guys just need to know the size of the hose for the provent fitup, can remember 1/2 and 5/8 somewhere is that right, just want to get mine on this weekend. cheers stropp
btw for a 4.2 td gu

Killametre
7th August 2012, 06:47 PM
The pro vent is 3/4 and 1/2 from my memory yoy could check their website it has all the sizes you will need to reduce it down for the patrol

White Elephant
8th August 2012, 01:36 PM
I'm in the process of fitting mine.(assuming its a Provent 200) I've got all the hoses made up and ready to go, I just need to find the time to install now. The hosetails for the inlet and outlet off the actual catch can is 1", so you will need to reduce that down to 5/8" to fit on the breather and turbo inlet pipe, and the oil return/drain line is 1/2".

Stropp
8th August 2012, 03:48 PM
Thanks mate, i have ordered the stepped barb 25mm(1") to 16mm(5/8) and will get the hose and clamps and tap to suit. Cheers Stropp

mudski
11th August 2012, 04:58 PM
I looked at using a stepped barb but couldn't justify the price. I went to the local plumbing shop, not Bunnings, and got a copper reduce piper for both sizes. Actually it was two 1inch to 5/8 reducers, but then I put a small length of 1/2inch copper pipe inside the 5/8 end of one to make it 1/2. Cost me about $10 for both.