PDA

View Full Version : MSA Products advice.

macca
6th August 2012, 12:04 PM
Well we have been reading alot about T11 and its all fairly negative. Including some of my own experience with them.

I would like to relay my experiences with MSA4x4, formally Michelle's Sacs.

http://www.msa4x4.com.au/

This company could not be more opposite to T11.

My drop slide has had a bit of a problem with the latch as it sits east/west in my ute so the side ways rocking takes its toll on the latch. When it happened the 1st time I saw them at Rosehill show and the damaged part was replace on the spot along with some advice to adjust the bump stops.
All good.

I broke the replacement last weekend, sent off a email this morning, an up graded version of the latch and new bumps are on the way.
Just amazing service.

Not only that, I have had a few of their canvas products for about 7 years and they are all in 1st class order.
When I got my Patrol the seat covers wouldnt fit so they were given to a mate who has them in his daily drive they are still going strong.... and they were 2nd hand when I got them!

My high lift is in one of their bags and lives permanently on the side of the roof rack, it is faded but is still as strong as the day I bought it. The clips are still working, the stitching is still good and the canvas is sound. The jack is clean and dust free so works when it is needed.

This is an Aussie company who do it right in my books, might cost a bit more but I have had my monies worth.

I hope they can keep going as they are in this competitive market, as they are an asset to the 4WD industry we rely on.

taslucas
6th August 2012, 01:05 PM
I haven't heard of them before but I'll sure keep an eye out in future. That's great service. Thanks for the heads up:-)

macca
6th August 2012, 01:37 PM
I haven't heard of them before but I'll sure keep an eye out in future. That's great service. Thanks for the heads up:-)

Put a link in origional post to their web site for you.

Macca

threedogs
6th August 2012, 03:08 PM
MSA is high quality , if not a touch pricey, I'd like them to make a Knife roll. others copy but if I buy it'll be MSA, not copies

macca
6th August 2012, 03:26 PM
MSA is high quality , if not a touch pricey, I'd like them to make a Knife roll. others copy but if I buy it'll be MSA, not copies

We use a tool roll of theirs for our cutlery, bread knife, steel etc at one end down to teaspoons and spud peeler at the other. Works really well.

the evil twin
6th August 2012, 05:25 PM
Gotta agree with all the above...

Been using MSA stuff for a few years now and their gear is extremely well thought, manufactured and goddam tough.

Yes, the products are expensive but everything I have of theirs is top order and the customer service is amazing for this day and age.

I reckon you could use those drop slides to press out a bush or cut sheet metal in a pinch, jeez they are solid. We absolutely love ours and the MSA canvas gear we have are all as good as the day they were bought.

Winnie
6th August 2012, 06:51 PM
When I see something that has a high price, I like to think to myself, "could I make it any cheaper?"
Most of the time the answer is no.

macca
7th August 2012, 04:14 PM
The replacement parts arrived at 11am today way less than 24 hours since I gave them my delivery address (12.08pm yesterday), they fit and the slide is working as it should.

Fantastic back-up and service, might be a bit more on the expensive side, but they are here and so are the parts.

Cheers Macca

threedogs
7th August 2012, 04:43 PM
So far this is what I've figured out. You get what you pay for rings true.
Everyone here happy to pay that little bit extra for a top quality product with fantastic aftermarket service, well done MSA
On the other hand everyone bitching about quality and aftermarket service from Tigerz
Pays to do your homework first, buy once and buy well. Look back at all the things you cheaped out on
and all the stuffed you saved to buy because it was the best available at the time.