PDA

View Full Version : foglights for GQ, where is the best place to pick up park light circuit?

Silver
5th August 2012, 06:51 AM
Hi,

Going to put some foglights on Silver, TB42 with battery on driver's side.

Where is the best place to pick up the park light circuit to send a signal to the relay?

Thanks in anticipation,

Rick

04OFF
5th August 2012, 07:32 AM
You can tap in to the wires near the headlight/parker area Rick, just as you would with spot lights when you tap into high beam.

Silver
5th August 2012, 10:26 AM
thanks Steve.

Yendor
5th August 2012, 11:05 AM
You could also pick up the park light feed in the dash (assuming you are also going to have an on/off switch).

The original plug for the foglight switch might even be there.

The wire colour you are after is Pink with a Black trace.

If you need a hand just let me know.

Cheers Rodney

Silver
5th August 2012, 11:22 AM
thanks Rodney, yes, will have a switch.

Time to get upside down and uncomfortable under the dash :-)

Silver
5th August 2012, 06:59 PM
Thanks again - a mate who is a bit more bendy than I am at the moment, found several pink wires with black traces under the dash, which were confirmed to only be live when the parkers were on. Used one of them in the centre component of the dash, near the radio

So, I've got that part of the wiring sorted, and the lights in their new brackets bolted to the bull bar. I've got a fuse holder, relay and wire of sufficient gauge to feed the lights, so not far off now :-)

Just ran out of time today doing other things, including swapping the Hellas that came with the Mav when we bought it (and from new I think) for a second hand pair of IPF 900 halogen spread beams. Confirmed last night that the IPFs have more reach and spread than the Hellas.

Thanks again for the info!!

Rick

Yendor
6th August 2012, 12:00 PM
Your over halfway and the hard part is done.

BearGUST
6th August 2012, 04:55 PM
I wouldn't have thought you'd get much fog in Brissy???

Silver
6th August 2012, 05:40 PM
all done barring earthing the switch so I can see the pretty green LED :-) Even got a fuse close to the battery in the power side of things :-)

We do get a tiny bit of fog, not enough on the Eastern side to justify foggies, but out Western burbs may be different.

A few weeks ago we went down the New England and on some back roads around Armidale NSW, and there were a few pea soupers there.

And, the foggies came at the right price.

Finally, I hope they will be useful off road at night for that short range search for, and evaluation of, different lines.

Thanks all for your help and encouragement

Rick

BearGUST
7th August 2012, 09:15 AM
Fair enough, they would be handy for night 4WDing.

Robo
18th August 2012, 10:27 PM
Have a look near each head light you may see an un-used plug?.
This should be Nissan's std foglight plug, already to go.
And if you look under dash, above left knee, near rear demister switch, same thing for the switch.
Cheers
red arrow horn wire.
white arrows are fog wire loom wrapped up out of the way.

Silver
18th August 2012, 10:38 PM
Thanks Robo - did it the other way now, but will keep in mind for the future!

Robo
18th August 2012, 10:59 PM
yeah sorry I couldn't get to this sooner didn't read thread till to late for ya, someone else may benefit. cheers