PDA

View Full Version : Blank off plates in dash

maverick01
4th August 2012, 09:17 PM
Hi guys.

I have an 05 st and I'm trying to work out how to pull the blank off plate out of the dash. The panel I'm trying to remove is on the right hand side of the steering wheel beside the dash instrument light dimmer.

I have tried gently prying it out without any success. I know my old GQ the panels used to just pop out but I can't see how these come out or is there a special way to do it.

NissanGQ4.2
5th August 2012, 07:19 AM
Not sure mate, as I have a GQ, but I dare say its the same

Try a bit harder :)

maverick01
5th August 2012, 07:53 AM
I have already tried a fair few times. The last thing i want to do is damage the dash from trying the wrong way

NissanGQ4.2
5th August 2012, 07:57 AM
Have you downloaded the GU manual yet? It would probably tell you in there, I have the manual on my lappy somewhere if you don't want to download it and need me to look it up.

Cheers

Todd

maverick01
5th August 2012, 10:42 AM
Not yet but i will try now. Thanks

MudRunnerTD
5th August 2012, 11:34 AM
Gently but with conviction ;)

oncedisturbed
5th August 2012, 12:30 PM
undo the panel underneath, reach up behind and you wiggle the clip free by hand - no other tools needed - that's what I did to change mine over

maverick01
5th August 2012, 03:47 PM
Ok thanks mate and i will go and try soon

Silver
5th August 2012, 06:19 PM
confusion, a GU owner with a forum name maverick01 :-)

Then again, I'm easily confusededed these days ;-)

I might have to get a few disposable blue ovals, maybe laminated paper, and get busy with blue tack or something :-)

And some red Maverick badges to match :-)

Back to the topic - I hope you get that panel out safely. After many years and a few owners, the challenge with Silver is keeping the blighters in :-)

I noticed that a nasty stone attacked my blue oval at some stage :-( Happily the damage is confined to a few mm at one end.

maverick01
5th August 2012, 10:04 PM
Long story short. But the first car I ever owned was a swb maverick hence the username also everyone has always called me this so I guess it has just stuck

NissanGQ4.2
5th August 2012, 10:11 PM
confusion, a GU owner with a forum name maverick01

Another GU owner wishing he had a GQ *L*

daggy
6th August 2012, 09:22 PM
Removing blanks in the GU is opposite to the way it normally is. From memory they push out through the front. PITA

oncedisturbed
6th August 2012, 10:21 PM
they do push out from the front but the clips are still behind