PDA

View Full Version : Brandnew Turbo IP into a previously NA TD42

Aben Dean
4th August 2012, 10:01 AM
I have been offered a Brand new (zexel brand i guess) TD42 turbo injector pump whc has the boost compensator on top etc....its new. Since i am in process of fitting a safari turbo kit i am thinking of buying the pump and fit into my TD42. What else i will require or need or any modification needed?? anyone done this swap before? getting it for around AUD700.

nissannewby
4th August 2012, 07:56 PM
You will need to run a boost feed from somwhere to the compensator. Just make sure its not a later model pump with a tps on it. Otherwise all is good.

Aben Dean
5th August 2012, 05:14 AM
boost feed from intake (same as boost gauge line) ? i will check again if its TPS model or not. pump number : 104667-4233. i just saw pics of it again on my camera and i think its got TPS fitted on top, the small black unit with a wiring lug out of it. so that wont fit into mine??

nissannewby
5th August 2012, 08:42 PM
Yeah same as boost gauge line. Make sure you dont get the wiring of the fuel shut off solenoid mixed up with what could be a tps. The tps or whatever sensor I am talking about sits on top of your throttle actuator. It may be as simple as just not plugggin it in and away you go. But as I said Im not 100% on this. With a turbo setup the turbo requires heat to make it spool which in turn creates your boost, if you dont have fuel you dont have heat then obviously you dont get boost. I run my GU at 14 psi and have basically tuned the compensator out of it. With the compensator in the equation I wasnt making full boost til around the 2800rpm mark and now with it basically not there I have a full 14psi by 2000rpm. As for it using more fuel (in regards to your other post) With 12 psi and half a turn of fuel you would be lucky to see it use any more fuel. I know my GU i have wound 3/4 of turn in on fuel with 14psi and its better on fuel than in its factory setup. If you dont have to put your foot down as hard to get to the same speed your fuel usage wont alter much. Hope this helps.

Aben Dean
6th August 2012, 05:59 AM
Thanks for your usefull tips...iam gona try those! will keep you posted. Fitting Turbo kit today!