PDA

View Full Version : Hub locking Tool ?

Bubba
4th August 2012, 08:43 AM
what tool do i need to manually lock my hubs?
i can not find anything in the truck that looks like it will do the job

Bigrig
4th August 2012, 08:45 AM
Just the standard wheel brace should do it mate - they're the same size and the wheel lugs. Assuming you're meaning auto hubs of course?

Bubba
4th August 2012, 10:02 AM
i dont think its a auto hub, have taken a pic of it

Bubba
4th August 2012, 10:03 AM
here is the pic

Winnie
4th August 2012, 10:16 AM
Just use your hands

Tappa tappa

Bubba
4th August 2012, 10:19 AM
LOL i was thinking that , as you can see I am very green when it comes it this whole 4x4 stuff, got to start somewhere though

Winnie
4th August 2012, 10:21 AM
You don't learn if you don't ask questions. No judging here, feel free to ask all the questions you need.

Tappa tappa

Bubba
4th August 2012, 10:22 AM
there is a nob in the dash which is half hanging out, would that have been for auto hub locking that once may have been fitted?

wildgu6
4th August 2012, 10:22 AM
Yer as Kris said use hands, just turn the centre locking tab with fingers, should move quite easily

Yappa Tappa Doo

97_gq_lwb
4th August 2012, 10:29 AM
there is a nob in the dash which is half hanging out, would that have been for auto hub locking that once may have been fitted?

That is idle adjustment pull it outward to up the idle then clockwise to lock it in position.
Anticlockwise to unlock it and let it go back in.
Handy when warming up the engine or when tackling rough stuff off road once locked you can keep a slow steady speed without touching the accelerator pedal

DX grunt
4th August 2012, 10:35 AM
That is idle adjustment pull it outward to up the idle then clockwise to lock it in position.
Handy when warming up the engine or when tackling rough stuff off road once locked you can keep a slow steady speed without touching the accelerator pedal

It is NOT your CRUISE CONTROL knob. Did your truck come with an owner's manual?

Rossco

Bubba
4th August 2012, 10:42 AM
thanks for that , the knob is loose, as in it wiggles in the dash will have to have a play with it and see if i can reattach it

Bubba
4th August 2012, 10:43 AM

Rossco

No it did not come with owners manual

Bubba
4th August 2012, 10:44 AM
do they have cruise control?

Clunk
4th August 2012, 10:46 AM

Rossco

Your right Rossco, it's not a cruise control and shouldn't be used as such when driving on the road. But it's can be useful when your out in the rough stuff to keep the revs up

MudRunnerTD
4th August 2012, 01:08 PM
This is a funny thread. Nice work everyone.

Welcome to the forum Bubba

Lol

GQsweep
4th August 2012, 04:59 PM
Hey Bubba, I got my Patrol sans owners manual as well. It's a few years ago now but I went to Nissan spare parts in Gosford and bought a new one. Don't remember the cost but it was a black and white generic looking thing that looked like it had been done on a photo copier.

I reckon you could get one on eBay if you were patient. There's always Haynes.

GQsweep
4th August 2012, 05:10 PM
Here you go, cheap at twice the price!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Patrol-GQ-Y60-1987-1999-Workshop-Service-REPAIR-Manual-Ford-Maverick-/221090164286?pt=AU_Clothing_Merchandise_Media&hash=item337a002e3e#ht_5414wt_1141

97_gq_lwb
4th August 2012, 05:12 PM
I think he needs an operators manual more then a workshop manual.

GQsweep
4th August 2012, 05:15 PM
Yep, understand that. My first post was referring to the glovebox owners manual. The second post is what I found in a few seconds on Ebay. :)

MudRunnerTD
4th August 2012, 06:40 PM

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Patrol-GQ-Y60-1987-1999-Workshop-Service-REPAIR-Manual-Ford-Maverick-/221090164286?pt=AU_Clothing_Merchandise_Media&hash=item337a002e3e#ht_5414wt_1141

Wow! I bet that guy is a member here and that was downloaded from this forum for free ;)

Bubba, get your post count above 25 and you can download it here in the "Manuals" section along with the one for the GU

the evil twin
5th August 2012, 01:54 AM
Wow! I bet that guy is a member here and that was downloaded from this forum for free ;)

Maybe, maybe not... check out his shop... or if he is/was then he sure puts in some serious forum time around the world.:smile::smile::smile:

Bubba
5th August 2012, 11:26 PM

thanks for the heads up , one is on its way to my door now

MudRunnerTD
5th August 2012, 11:39 PM
thanks for the heads up , one is on its way to my door now

Damn Bubba, you did not read my post bud. 6 more posts from you and you can download the 1200
Page manual from this forum for FREE.

Bubba
7th August 2012, 05:23 PM
oh well , having a book that i keep in my car doesnt seem like a bad thing

MudRunnerTD
7th August 2012, 05:41 PM
oh well , having a book that i keep in my car doesnt seem like a bad thing

yes that would be nice but you will find that you will receive a CD in the mail mate with a file on it that is Identical to the one that is downloadable here through the links below

Nissan-Patrol-Manuals (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?54-Nissan-Patrol-Manuals)

Print whatever you like from there once you have another 4 posts on this forum. Ah well, enjoy the forum regardless mate. Unfortunately there have ben many "new" members that just post junk to download a manual then we never see them again.

Enjoy mate

taslucas
7th August 2012, 06:47 PM
yes that would be nice but you will find that you will receive a CD in the mail mate with a file on it that is Identical to the one that is downloadable here through the links below

Nissan-Patrol-Manuals (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?54-Nissan-Patrol-Manuals)

Print whatever you like from there once you have another 4 posts on this forum. Ah well, enjoy the forum regardless mate. Unfortunately there have ben many "new" members that just post junk to download a manual then we never see them again.

Enjoy mate

Then theres others, like me, that got over 1000 posts before i got round to downloading the manual:)

Winnie
7th August 2012, 07:03 PM
I downloaded it but have only used it a couple of times haha, more info in the threads!

taslucas
7th August 2012, 07:36 PM
I downloaded it but have only used it a couple of times haha, more info in the threads!

Im only on here to hang cr@p on winnie (Kristoffa)

hahahahahahahahaaa

Winnie
7th August 2012, 08:37 PM
I want you and Growler banned. Growler more so though, because he wants to leave the GQ tribe.

Bubba
8th August 2012, 03:56 AM
its good to see a post getting high jacked so you can put shit on each other LOL

97_gq_lwb
10th August 2012, 11:02 AM
Have a look at this link it has the glove box manual

http://www.abouttimespares.com.au/showpartslist.asp?cat=4&sub=2228&subsub=6889