PDA

View Full Version : New Patrol Driver

Rusco
3rd August 2012, 07:52 PM
Hi everyone,

I have been quite envious of all you guys for some time. I have wanted to own and drive a Patrol since I was 18 years old (now 36) when my then girlfriends dad drove one and I thought he looked pretty scary.

I have just bought a 1996 Patrol GQ II RX, and so now I can finnaly join the club. The car I bought has a lot of miles on it so that's a bit of a worry, but the old guy who sold it was the original owner and he has a full service history and it looks very clean.

I have been trying to remove the back seats (there are three rows) but i cant see any easy way to do it. Does anyone know how to do it?

Russell

growler2058
3rd August 2012, 07:59 PM
Gday Russell welcome aboard mate gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

shorty
3rd August 2012, 09:03 PM
GQ patrol great choice if they were any tougher they'd rust mine rusted alot so must be one of the tougher ones! welcome to the forum alot of info here enjoy!

threedogs
3rd August 2012, 09:09 PM
WOW took your time, but glad you're onboard, great bunch of people here, Enjoy

Dhuck
3rd August 2012, 09:37 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Rusco
3rd August 2012, 09:43 PM
Thanks guys I'm looking foward to this.

MEGOMONSTER
3rd August 2012, 10:10 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

wildgu6
4th August 2012, 12:43 PM
G'day & welcome aboard Russ
Great lot here with tons of ideas, advice, adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable as you do

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

2TROLLFAM
4th August 2012, 03:08 PM
Welcome Aboard Rusco!! Hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do, there’s heaps of ‘light’ reading to be done and when in doubt don’t hesitate to ask – the forum members are fantastic!!

AB
4th August 2012, 08:02 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Congrats on the new beast too!

Silver
4th August 2012, 08:07 PM
Hi Rusco, and welcome!

I think you must have a GU patrol, as the third row seats in the GQ are bolted down in a fairly obvious way. I have a GQ and no experience of the GU.

As you now have 25 posts up, you can access the factory manual that is available on this site.

Alternatively, if you put another post up in the mechanical area with a heading like remove GU third row seats? you might get people out of intro mode :-) Some people who could help don't often dip their toes into the intro threads.

Bloodyaussie
4th August 2012, 09:13 PM
I know how you feel I remember when the black Maverick was new and I thought they were the toughest thing on wheels and always wanted a GQ/Mav.
Now 22 years later!!!

Finly Owner
4th August 2012, 09:19 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Russel

Tim

Bigrig
4th August 2012, 09:38 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!